Street Harassment [TW]

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Persistence is what the downtrodden use, or more practically, the strategy that comes into play when we spot a girl who is more than just "sexy".

As for creepy, I have been called creepy for just approaching straight up, while I and others have seen guys who up with no respect, talking reckless and getting laughs and
attention. It would be different if men didn't have to do most of the approaching, but since we do, for those of us who aren't 6 feet with model looks, we try different things
till we know what works.

Yes, sometimes it comes at women's expense, but this is only usually in response to being turned down a ton. It is a problem that will never be solved because of the disparity
in courtship.

I feel like once a woman tells you to leave her alone then just back off. Don't ask her what's wrong or anything just leave her there. People have various reasons for why they want to be left alone.

As for women finding you creepy for approaching them. I've seen this many times before. I've seen men get called creepy/weird for just greeting a woman. Have I had men approach me in a weird manner while I was walking out in public? Yes, definitely. At the same time I have had way more men be respectful to me in public settings. Most men that approach me on the street end up complimenting me or greeting me. I don't think most are even trying to holla, but instead just be respectful. Many say, "Hey sweetie, baby, honey, and etc". Also in my experience the men that harass women on the streets are bummy men who have nothing better to do with themselves.
Now the guy in the video is a complete nut case and should be arrested. If I was her I would've pepper sprayed him or stabbed him in the eye.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
That shyt had me so mad when I first saw it, what's crazy is that Feminista Jones was just talking about women being harassed in their cars the other day and then this video surfaces.

smh Even though it didn't look like the dude was going to do anything to her, when it was happening, she more than likely didn't feel like that.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
smh Even though it didn't look like the dude was going to do anything to her, when it was happening, she more than likely didn't feel like that.

That's the point tho, she had no clue what he was gonna do, and many people can say what they "would do" in a situation like this but she was not prepared for some random to invite himself into her car, and she shouldn't have to be but if she was, men would complain about that too, "you act like every man is out to harm you"

:francis:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think men know what's creepy and what isn't and they just try their luck.

I've had too many experiences with this. It's a serious issue and scary as fukk. But like OP said, men tend to be dismissive about it maybe because they're frustrated about "the other side of the game".
Regarding bold that's just stupid. Nobody goes around saying I'm going to be creepy just because unless they in a scary movie. Some dudes just are too persistent but knowing they are "creepy" that's just funny.

Persistence is what the downtrodden use, or more practically, the strategy that comes into play when we spot a girl who is more than just "sexy".

As for creepy, I have been called creepy for just approaching straight up, while I and others have seen guys who up with no respect, talking reckless and getting laughs and
attention.
It would be different if men didn't have to do most of the approaching, but since we do, for those of us who aren't 6 feet with model looks, we try different things
till we know what works.

Yes, sometimes it comes at women's expense, but this is only usually in response to being turned down a ton. It is a problem that will never be solved because of the disparity
in courtship.
Exactly with bold most chicks can't even settle on whats creepy. If its not outright stuff anybody can see you will have more than enough disagreements on this topic from both genders. If a chick says she has a boyfriend, non responsive cool I leave her alone. shyt if anything she saved me from wasting time and money on her so why wouldn't I be thankful enough to keep it moving you know? As long as you just trying to get to know her and not crossing any lines (aka rolling out when she gives a hint of not being interested) do you man. Don't listen to anybody saying otherwise like @Matt504 who got exposed in the last thread about this stuff. Dude don't realize "nice" guys don't prosper esp online.

Edit: Dudes jumping in cars that's outlier behavior so wish people stop treating outlier stuff like its the norm. We online though so I'm pretty sure 50'11 people going to say somebody jumped in their car too.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:leostare:

Dude could have been statistic called "stupid ways to die".
And he would have deserved it. She didnt know what he was gonna do. It could have started out like that, she say something slick,
now he wigging out and she can't get him out the car.

Ignorant shyt, but I betcha he drowns in girls. Thats the nature of the shyt.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Trigger warning

SMH, then this dude is acting like she is in the wrong for wanting him out her car, then saying he got in for nothing :dahell:

I would have been so scared. I have had someone try to not let me close my door and try to touch me. I was younger but I was almost frozen stiff and I am sure that guy didn't think it was a big deal.

For too many there is no respect for boundaries or women period. No one is teaching respect anymore everyone thinks they can touch you and have a right to your attention. I remeber a guy getting mad because a snatched my arm away, dude you don't have the right to grab me, even if it is to get my attention. It was no tap on the shoulder.