Student Debt Crisis

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Get a salary first and then come talk to me lil guy :mjlol:

Even with a $200/ month loan payment I'm still coming home with 3 times as much as you make with your hourly wage :blessed:

Hey I'm not judging but if it's only 200 a month and you'll be debt free in less than 5 months, just pay that shyt off breh. Right now. Being debt free is always better off especially if you can do it easily. You bringing home at least 10k a month based on the math.

Borrowers are slaves to the lenders.

Last edited:

Chef

All Star
Daps
This thread. :lupe: I skipped out on taking longer loans for culinary school, I saw that price tag and immediately said "Guess I'm going to community college":pachaha:. I'll just bust my ass from there on out but I can't imagine the stress of owing racks on racks. :mindblown:

Family Man

Superstar
Daps
Goes to show you people don't ever educate themselves on adult decisions as an adult. Smh...you get a debt you pay the debt.

Why aren't people doing a cost benefit analysis and actually looking into what the degree will provide etc.

Oh bc society thinks EVERYONE deserves college equally and the same experiences. No responsibility. Smh
Exactly. Not everyone is meant to go to college. Not everyone should.

I'm gonna tell y'all nikkas something...I went to little ol' York College right in the middle of Jamaica Queens. After I graduated I was working the same jobs as ivy league graduates except with out the student loans. For us 99℅ percenters the school that you graduate from doesn't make a difference.
Not only that, life is long and what you study in school may not be what you ultimately end up doing. Don't let these muthaphuckas lie to you.

Also people need to learn the difference between income and net worth.

I have no empathy for anyone struggling with student loans including my sister that is in med school right now.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
At least with a housing loan or car loan (provided the car isn't depreciating like crazy), you can sell the house or car and recoup some value.

With a student loan, you can't sell that shyt! It just sits there, accumulating interest.
That's why you can erase it with bankruptcy. They can repossess your house orbcar, they can't repossess your knowledge

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Exactly. Not everyone is meant to go to college. Not everyone should.

I'm gonna tell y'all nikkas something...I went to little ol' York College right in the middle of Jamaica Queens. After I graduated I was working the same jobs as ivy league graduates except with out the student loans. For us 99℅ percenters the school that you graduate from doesn't make a difference.
Not only that, life is long and what you study in school may not be what you ultimately end up doing. Don't let these muthaphuckas lie to you.

Also people need to learn the difference between income and net worth.

I have no empathy for anyone struggling with student loans including my sister that is in med school right now.

:salute:Breh! If you make $50k and you have a shyt ton of debt PERIOD, you hustling all the fukking way backwards. Income means dyck with racks in the background. :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
This is why you need to educate the kids on why they should avoid loans if necessary.
Even if you don't have kids of your own but a college bound neice/nephew/godchild/cousin then explain why community college is a better option to start if they don't have scholarships or qualify for financial aide.
Even if they get a certificate like pharmacy tech or a trade like HVAC until they figure out a degree path. At least they won't be limited to retail/food service jobs.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At least with a housing loan or car loan (provided the car isn't depreciating like crazy), you can sell the house or car and recoup some value.

With a student loan, you can't sell that shyt! It just sits there, accumulating interest.
Oly way out is death. :ufdup:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Student loan debt is a bubble.

and when it finally pops.. it will be popping with the other current bubbles that have been blown.

You thought shyt got fixed in 2008? :sas2:

You don't know how bad shyt is gonna be when this all goes :sas2:
Are student loans bundled into marketable securities and sold?