Stupid people are stupid - 62% of Americans disagree that 'Die Hard' is a Christmas movie

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
LOL @ "Christmas Movies" only being "Happy" or "Positive" themes. The Violence is the only reason people say it's not. "Die Hard" clearly is a Christmas movie. Guess What? "Batman Returns" is a Christmas movie as well:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Die Hard takes place during Christmas but that's hardly it's defining trait. With a Christmas movie the main point of the movie is about Christmas. Bad Santa for example is a not happy Christmas movie.

It happens on Christmas eve at a Christmas party where someone is trying to see his family on Christmas

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukkin morons. Die Hard is definitely a Xmas movie. One of my favorites ever.
Run DMC-Christmas in Hollis is even playing in the beginning. All kinds of xmas music is played throughout even in the credits its playing Vaughn Monroe-Let It Snow.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Ask people to start naming Christmas movies and it likely won't even be thought of. Not because people are stupid but because real Christmas movies are about the holiday itself and cause people to think of it.
the whole reason mclane is in la is because of christmas
hes tying reunite his family for the holiday
something prevents that from happening
he does everything he can to reunite his family for the holiday

sounds like a christmas movie to me

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the whole reason mclane is in la is because of christmas
hes tying reunite his family for the holiday
something prevents that from happening
he does everything he can to reunite his family for the holiday

sounds like a christmas movie to me
A Christmas movie is a movie where Christmas defines the movie. For example Just Friends takes place around Christmas but I wouldn't call that a Christmas movie either. Just because a movie takes place around Christmas doesn't make it a Christmas movie.

IMO you could rewire Die Hard and remove all the Christmas references and plug in a different holiday like Thanksgiving and you wouldn't lose much impact. A real Christmas movie would fall apart if you removed Christmas from it.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It's a Christmas movie dumb fukks. The main plot point was Christmas.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
A Christmas movie is a movie where Christmas defines the movie. For example Just Friends takes place around Christmas but I wouldn't call that a Christmas movie either. Just because a movie takes place around Christmas doesn't make it a Christmas movie.

IMO you could rewire Die Hard and remove all the Christmas references and plug in a different holiday like Thanksgiving and you wouldn't lose much impact. A real Christmas movie would fall apart if you removed Christmas from it.
If you removed all the Christmas references from any Christmas movie and replaced it with another holiday it'd be another holiday movie

Miracle on 34th Street without all the Christmas movies would just be the story of a benevolent old wizard :manny:It'd work. That's basically the plot of the Green Mile

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you removed all the Christmas references from any Christmas movie and replaced it with another holiday it'd be another holiday movie
But I never said that. I said you wouldn't lose much impact. Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie just because Christmas is part of the setting. That's why when a poll is taken 62% say it isn't. When people think of Die Hard Christmas is an after thought.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
But I never said that. I said you wouldn't lose much impact. Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie just because Christmas is part of the setting. That's why when a poll is taken 62% say it isn't. When people think of Die Hard Christmas is an after thought.

Well, maybe those 62% from America are wrong?

A theater chain here sold out 4 showings of a special christmas showing of Die Hard.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Well, maybe those 62% from America are wrong?

A theater chain here sold out 4 showings of a special christmas showing of Die Hard.
If you want further proof Christmas movies or movies studios want a strong association with Christmas are typically released closer to Christmas. Die Hard came out in the summer. In that respect even Just Friends has a larger case to that than Die Hard.