Stupid people are stupid - 62% of Americans disagree that 'Die Hard' is a Christmas movie

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
If you want further proof Christmas movies or movies studios want a strong association with Christmas are typically released closer to Christmas. Die Hard came out in the summer. In that respect even Just Friends has a larger case to that than Die Hard.

Hah ok. You got me. Well played but you went too far with the trolling.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
IMO you could rewire Die Hard and remove all the Christmas references and plug in a different holiday like Thanksgiving and you wouldn't lose much impact. A real Christmas movie would fall apart if you removed Christmas from it.
i guess home alone isnt a christmas movie than either

just because die hard is an action movie doesnt mean its not a Christmas movie also
christmas movies can be comedys and, action movies too. not just dramas and romance

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

just because die hard is an action movie doesnt mean its not a Christmas movie also
christmas movies can be comedys and, action movies too. not just dramas and romance
Christmas is about family gatherings and gift giving. Movies that are mostly about people and their social interactions will be more likely to fit that theme than action movies. Action movies are typically about action, violence, and killing. How are those Christmas themes?

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Home Alone is a Christmas movie because the setting, and familial theme of the movies was based around the holidays.

Kevin running through the toy stores, going to church to listen to the choir, etc. makes it a Christmas movie.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
damnit, it is a xmas movie and part of my xmas movie marathon tradition along with die hard 2: die harder, batman returns, christmas vacation, home alone 1 & 2, etc...