Suggestions for American Black culture?

Geode

All Star
Daps
Other descendants of slaves throughout the diaspora.

What is unique to AA history that brings about the culture question?
We've been here for centuries. As the minority. Which is quite the opposite from other DOS cultures from the diaspora, IMO.

Someone else here said it best, we are much more removed from African cultures. We've retained some, some obvious, other lesser still. Added in an interaction with european/white culture that IMO was different from other parts of the diaspora allowed for new traditions to be formed.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
We've been here for centuries. As the minority. Which is quite the opposite from other DOS cultures from the diaspora, IMO.[/q

Someone else here said it best, we are much more removed from African cultures. We've retained some, some obvious, other lesser still. Added in an interaction with european/white culture that IMO was different from other parts of the diaspora allowed for new traditions to be formed.

That's all new world blacks which is the creolization process

Geode

All Star
Daps
That's all new world blacks which is the creolization process
True. On a grand scale its, its still quite different.

I believe our adaption is more complex. Especially given the initial creation of the country. Also the climate.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
We've been here for centuries. As the minority. Which is quite the opposite from other DOS cultures from the diaspora, IMO.

Most of the Latin American diaspora have been minority’s within their respective countries as well.

And in what way are you measuring our “removal” from African culture compared to the rest of the diaspora?

How would you say the interaction was different in AA’s case?

BTW, not trying to be difficult, when it comes to this topic I rather people go into a lil more detail so I can know exactly where they’re coming from.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
his post here

Suggestions for American Black culture?

let's us know where he's heading but it's going to end up blowing up in his face when we bring up violence and crime in latin america/west indies/african countries [sarcasm]with actual cultures[/sarcasm]:pachaha:

:mjlol:

Explain how this will blow up in my face... and explain where I initially brought up violence as a cultural point of reference.....

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
True. On a grand scale its, its still quite different.

I believe our adaption is more complex. Especially given the initial creation of the country. Also the climate.

Only difference was the ratio of whites to blacks but the creolization process was pretty much the same.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Let me just say this... I whole heartedly believe that that the culture of those who colonized America extremely influenced the public policy that was created to oppress and disenfranche AAs

captainobvious2.gif