Summer 2022 Personal Development Thread

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I will be learning C++ over the summer and some other things that I've been pushing off.

June-August is the time for discipline so get ready if you are trying to accomplish some personal goals this year.

kobe-bryant-mamba-mentality-art-poster-black-mamba-wall-print-raul-maxwell.jpg
If you new to programming start with Python so you can get the basics down first. Later on move to any other programming language

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Now THIS is a thread I'm fukkin with :salute: subbed. Let's check in on each other with this one.

• I'm reading Myron Rolle's "2% Way" right now.
• Cutting out alcohol (during Summer?!) and e-cigs, already done with weed
• Finishing up an ENORMOUS project & promotion for my side biz
• By Summer's end I intend to get started on my first IT cert

This is the book and I honestly suggest it for all. It just came out on Tuesday

41L7bFT-UUL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started going back to the gym back in March so I’m going to keep on that path.
Plan on purchasing a car this summer as well.
And I also started programming again. I am using Swift but I just need a refresher on Xcode and apis. I want to build a Weather app and launch it on the app store.:ehh:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure we all know this story but it's good to be reminded of it.

The Ant and the Grasshopper
One bright day in late autumn a family of Ants were bustling about in the warm sunshine, drying out the grain they had stored up during the summer, when a starving Grasshopper, his fiddle under his arm, came up and humbly begged for a bite to eat.

"What!" cried the Ants in surprise, "haven't you stored anything away for the winter? What in the world were you doing all last summer?"

"I didn't have time to store up any food," whined the Grasshopper; "I was so busy making music that before I knew it the summer was gone."

The Ants shrugged their shoulders in disgust.

"Making music, were you?" they cried. "Very well; now dance!" And they turned their backs on the Grasshopper and went on with their work.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Do you just want to learn C++ or do you want to do something with it?

I've been programming in C since 2017, but C is more procedural and C++ isn't too far different from it and is object oriented which will help me in my career.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you new to programming start with Python so you can get the basics down first. Later on move to any other programming language
How long does it take to learn Python, on your own,?? I just rented Python for Dummies from the library, essentially starting from scratch, but got plenty of time on my hands after my work days end.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
When implementing new habits set aside a specific time each day for at least 21 consecutive days. Also specify a forfeit (Going to the gym, sex, watching TV etc...) for the duration of the experiment so you've got skin in the game as this makes you stick to the script. If you mess up restart the 21 again with another forfeit.

The sense of accomplishment this brings and how easily you can keep on racking up new behavior patterns is amazing. Once you get the hang of it and know your limits/capabilities you can gain two new skills each month with ease and make the habits to get them stick.

Stating the challenge publicly enforces responsibility. More tips here: