Super Tuesday Primary: Biden wins 9 of 14 states; leads delegate count 637 to 559

Who Comes Out With The Most Pledged Delegates After Super Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So how will he convince the generation that rejected him now to suddenly love him a decade from now when there’s a new fresh face? It’s why Bill Clinton thought he missed his moment by not running in 88. It’s why Obama ran in 08. It is why Rubio, Cruz and Walker all ran when they did. Unless you get an alley oop from someone in office - either by being in their cabinet or by them being a colossal fukk up - there is usually no second successful run or you become old news. It’s why so many Democrats regret not running against Hillary. 10 years from now the demographics favor someone like AOC more than they favor Pete. The caucuses will be dead and the early states won’t be all white states. In what reality will Pete Buttgieg be more popular among people of color than the many young POC who will be prepared to run? All these people in Congress are in their 70s, if not 80s. 10 years from now Pete will be looking at an entirely different political world.

I get what you’re saying - he’s a chameleon - but even just on a personal level people don’t like dude. It’s beyond politics. Only donors and old people like him.
i really think you're over estimating how much he's been rejected and/or even paid attention to when sanders has had the attention of younger voters.

and you mentioning a whole different political world is exactly why i think he's not dead, quite honestly we don't know what the big issues of will be nor the temperature of the electorate. the only thing i know for sure that we'll still be talking about is the climate. and bernie did't do well with POC in 2016, and now look. i get you don't like him nor do your politics match his, but he won't be going away after this

edit: i especially think the door will be open for him in 2024 if bernie were to lose vs. trump this year

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The political climate isn’t moving to a Buttigieg in 2024. It’s too polarized.

The LGBTQA+ community dont bang with dude.
and just where exactly is he? dude plays a middle ground between progressivism and centrism...he hasn't passionately campaigned for any particular policy but his stances aren't way off base of either end of the dem spectrum. he has left himself room to move left/right/up/down.

breh will definitely make another run

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
and just where exactly is he? dude plays a middle ground between progressivism and centrism...he hasn't passionately campaigned for any particular policy but his stances aren't way off base of either end of the dem spectrum. he has left himself room to move left/right/up/down.

Agreed he has potential for another run.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

100%

I think Pete and his handlers would've been happy to get 8-10% of votes in early states and exceeded all their expectations. I'm really interested to see how they plan out his next 4 or hopefully 8 years. If Biden or Bloomberg got the win he would definitely get a springboard position in the administration but if Bernie wins then seeing his moves will be interesting.

Throwing Chasten in the bushes for a black husband would be hilarious :russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
100%

I think Pete and his handlers would've been happy to get 8-10% of votes in early states and exceeded all their expectations. I'm really interested to see how they plan out his next 4 or hopefully 8 years. If Biden or Bloomberg got the win he would definitely get a springboard position in the administration but if Bernie wins then seeing his moves will be interesting.

Throwing Chasten in the bushes for a black husband would be hilarious :russ:
:deadrose: