Survived Early 90s Drug Game in NYC AMA

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
Can you go more into this? Like who were your legends and what did they do to get their status
There were legends who were known for having the dope game on smash and having real business acumen--Boy George, Bob Lemon, Chicky, Pure Energy crew... Then there were killers and stick up kids like this dude Cuba from Hunts Point, Ninja on the East side... There were too many to name. If you knew about them chances are they're dead or doing life.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Would you do it all over again if you had to?

What’s some disrespectful shyt you’ve seen a nikka in power do to a less powerful man?

Experience with dirty cops?

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
Where in est harlem or the south X did you enjoy food at the most. Is it still there.
Spots like Jimmy's Cafe in the BX and Midnights in Harlem were the lounge ball out with champagne vibe that I liked (I was a high functioning alcoholic back then). Those are gone.

In terms of actual food, I'm Rican so I love the food from my culture... there are still a lot of lechoneras and cuchifrito spots all over the Bronx and to a lesser extent the East side (although ownership is now mostly Dominican). The Capri Panaderia on 116th is still around and that was a favorite spot of mine when I was young with a metabolism in overdrive and could maintain a 6 pack eating pasteles and bizcocho whenever I wanted.

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
Would you do it all over again if you had to?

What’s some disrespectful shyt you’ve seen a nikka in power do to a less powerful man?

Experience with dirty cops?
No, I wouldn't do it all again. I never loved being in the game. It's something I fell into as a poor, desperate kid.

All types of shyt. There were a lot of dudes in the streets back then walking around with undiagnosed personality disorders doing shyt just because. I saw dude pull his dikk out and slap a chick in the face with it while her man was sitting right there. Couldn't do anything about it because him and his crew were killers. That was another one of the sick and awful parts of the game.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
how was times square during that time was their an open drug market in times square?

banner34

Superstar
Daps
are any of the old timers or young's u knew growing up still in the game or have they move on to something else if they still around?

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
No, I wouldn't do it all again. I never loved being in the game. It's something I fell into as a poor, desperate kid.

All types of shyt. There were a lot of dudes in the streets back then walking around with undiagnosed personality disorders doing shyt just because. I saw dude pull his dikk out and slap a chick in the face with it while her man was sitting right there. Couldn't do anything about it because him and his crew were killers. That was another one of the sick and awful parts of the game.

Damn.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
do you ever see the potential of NYC potentially returning to that level of violence?

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Did you ever get any static from other spanish cats in the game about being Afro-Rican?

Besides Ricans and Dominicans did you see any other spanish groups with a foot in the game uptown (Colombians, Panamanians, etc.)

Did you see any junkies in really bad shape that made you feel remorseful?

Did you know any cats who got in the game with a goal in mind (make X amount of bread) and then just walk away?

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
how was times square during that time was their an open drug market in times square?
Times Square was a dump. Nothing there but peeps shows, video arcades, hookers, and low level hustlers. It was also a training ground for young hoodlums from all over the city, before you worked corners you'd go down to Times Square and rob tourists, it was a rite of passage.

Crackheads would go down to Times Square and sell fake product or diluted basura to other crackheads and tourists. No junkie who knew their work would go down there to cop.