Survived Early 90s Drug Game in NYC AMA

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Everyone did. You had to rent corners actually in most parts of the city back then. The biggest killers "bought" spots. Going to war with dudes just because was very rare. At the end of the day we hustled for money, not to prove we were the realest gangsters in the city. Shooting it out with a two dozen heavily armed killers was not good business.

So where did all the killing them times stem from?

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
So where did all the killing them times stem from?
A lot of the violence was random. People were on edge, carrying weapons, and settling petty personal disputes with guns.

Some of the violence was between spots. If we're selling our decks for a certain price and you knock 2 dollars off yours and you're across the street, someone might get shot.

Then violence was also internal. If your lieutenant is tired of making less money off of every pack he might branch off and do his own thing. And of course, the guns would come out.

People did not tend to go to war with extortion crews because that was a losing battle. They were crews made up of dudes who would never be outside holding down territory, their whole purpose was murder and intimidation. Literally driving around all day with guns 3 cars deep... much better to work with than against crews like that.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
We always lost product. Teddy jumping out on your people, or your people lying about Teddy jumping out. It's hard to quantify, but I lost a lot when I first went outside. It took a lot of time to learn the angles.
Back in my day, nikka say the police took the pack, he had to come up with a police report number :birdman:

-cuddy

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I went to D.C. as a kid before I got into the dope game and I was pitching jumbs at a low level. First trip spent the entire time in a house in SE bottling the work. Had no impression of the city.

Second time I was actually outside pitching. It was tense, but no more so than if I had been in unfamiliar turf in my own city. I thought they had country accents and they looked country, but everything north of Yonkers and South of Staten Island was country to me back then (still to an extent today lol, I'm a New York a$$hole).

I don't think the D.C. cats were any more feared than the New York cats. In fact a lot of the people out there hustling were from NY (no, not just Alpo). That era was about $$, there was no D.C. team banding together to chase the out of towners from the city. As you can imagine they mostly bodied each other.
You must not not have been uptown.
:sas2:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Hatian jack was big in Brooklyn but also all of nyc did you ever encounter him?

Darkslayer

The Time Has Come And So Have I
Daps
Reppin
Vigilante Season
How Did Your People's Live While They Were Incarcerated? Was They Getting It In Uptop?

What Was Crossover Between The Crews Back Then And What's In The Streets And Jails Now?

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Piri Tomas respect off recognizing an amazing author.

My question is did you ever have someone get got?

Has your family been involved with a beef you had ?

Could you have taken a life back then over street shyt?

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
@Piri Tomas

How was the :mjpls: back in in early 90s?

Did you face :mjpls: when you were in the drug Game?

Did you made deals/business with the italian mafia? Did u associate With em.

Did you pawg back then?

hoods Who were off limits for black folka because of :mjpls: or gang violence?