Survived Early 90s Drug Game in NYC AMA

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
There's some stories to be told & perspective from the North Bronx game the OP wouldn't be able to tell but I ain't mad at the thread.

The game is the game & shouldn't be romanticized. We all left with PTSD from the curb. Its hard to come to grips with the fact that most of the cats you grew up with are legit sociopaths, psychos & schizos. There's really no safe space to vent since you can't exactly share crack tales at the watter cooler in the office & internet weirdos will try to scribble in their notepad so they add your life exp to a wiki/yt channel.

Basically, domesticated version of Vietnam filled with traumatized, burnt put middle aged demons who participated in the 80s/90s Crack era.

We need a Cultural Anthropology book on how black people's values changed with the mentality of the drug game.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
@Piri Tomas
Excellent thread on the 90s dope game and E. Harlem and I'm glad you survived it! Way back in the day my fam moved to Conn but still would occasionally drive to the City and shop at La Marqueta on Park Ave when I was a kid. I used to mostly sit in the car and wait.
Years later I knew someone that knew someone in the Martin Luther King Towers but I'll tell the coli about that on another day.😉

Anyway just adding this dope, and I do mean DOPE 1960 film in the thread.
In the flick a White guy is running the dope game in Harlem even before Frank Lucas, Nicky Barnes, Frank Matthews and his connect Rolando Gonzalez Nuñez were rolling. 😅

"The Pusher" Official Movie Trailer​

BRIEF SYNOPSIS​

A young policeman is on the hunt for a heroin dealer, whose drugs have killed some Puerto Rican teens in El Barrio, but little does the cop know that his snow-white fiancee is also a junkie.

The Pusher​

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
you can tell by who's jpay is lit and who's isn't. who's getting mail and visitors and who isn't. speaks for itself, no?
Nah that just means there's loved ones who care about them...
@Piri Tomas
Excellent thread on the 90s dope game and E. Harlem and I'm glad you survived it! Way back in the day my fam moved to Conn but still would occasionally drive to the City and shop at La Marqueta on Park Ave when I was a kid. I used to mostly sit in the car and wait.
Years later I knew someone that knew someone in the Martin Luther King Towers but I'll tell the coli about that on another day.😉

In the flick a White guy is running the dope game in Harlem even before Frank Lucas, Nicky Barnes, Frank Matthews and his connect Rolando Gonzalez Nuñez were rolling. 😅

BRIEF SYNOPSIS​

A young policeman is on the hunt for a heroin dealer, whose drugs have killed some Puerto Rican teens in El Barrio, but little does the cop know that his snow-white fiancee is also a junkie.

The Pusher​

Somebody check on this poster, hevwad fir real like 72 years old or something. Make sure he still alive and well, he ain't been on in 3 months!

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Nah that just means there's loved ones who care about them...

Somebody check on this poster, hevwad fir real like 72 years old or something. Make sure he still alive and well, he ain't been on in 3 months!

so that doesn't translate to anything for u?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Piri Tomas

BRIEF SYNOPSIS​

The Pusher​

anyone know if this is a good film? Any other recommendations in this genre?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
so that doesn't translate to anything for u?
Absolutely not, doesn't mean they were if high character or were really like that. Seen plenty of nikkas with terrible values have plenty of outside support while some of the most moral guys ("moral" in the best sense it can mean living that lifestyle) had no one holding them down...

lib123

All Star
Daps
No, I wouldn't do it all again. I never loved being in the game. It's something I fell into as a poor, desperate kid.

All types of shyt. There were a lot of dudes in the streets back then walking around with undiagnosed personality disorders doing shyt just because. I saw dude pull his dikk out and slap a chick in the face with it while her man was sitting right there. Couldn't do anything about it because him and his crew were killers. That was another one of the sick and awful parts of the game.

Been thinking about this thread more since Raising Kanan came out. What eventually happened to dudes like this roaming the streets? Dead or locked up for life?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Been thinking about this thread more since Raising Kanan came out. What eventually happened to dudes like this roaming the streets? Dead or locked up for life?

MAN SPOILER THAT shyt WE'RE ON THE EPISODE WHERE HE JUST CAME HOME :damn:
lowkey i called it tho right away.....wifey is like "how do you keep knowing EVERYTHING that is gonna happen in this show :dahell:"

swear life is just the same act with different characters over and over again