T-Mobile throws the HTC 10 (HTC One M10) in the bushes after less than 3 months

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
q:100

htc-one-m10-evleaks.jpg

HTC just can't catch a break. The company's smartphone sales are down, fuelling consecutive quarterly losses. To bounce back, HTC needs its latest flagship, the HTC 10, to pick up steam -- and fast. But that's unlikely to happen now that T-Mobile, one of the biggest carriers in the US, has quietly dropped the Android handset. It's not clear exactly when the smartphone disappeared from store shelves, but a Reddit post has it pegged at July 21st. That's only two months since the phone went on sale at the so-called "un-carrier." The more worrying part is that barely anyone seemed to notice.

The HTC 10 is a phone the company can be proud of. The aluminium shell (one we've grown fond of since the M7) is supported with a fairly clean Android experience and some decent hardware under the hood. The camera is greatly improved too, although it doesn't offer quite the same picture quality as the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Still, it's a phone that stands shoulder to shoulder with the LG G5 and other Android flagships. But, it would seem, a solid all-rounder just isn't enough. Especially when OnePlus has a similar offering for almost a third cheaper.

Look hard enough and you might find a HTC 10 gathering dust in a T-Mobile store. These "limited quantities" are just that, however, and won't be replenished in the weeks or months ahead. It's a blow for the Taiwanese manufacturer -- to survive, it'll need to bank on sales coming from other carriers and countries. Otherwise, there's always the next phone (maybe a new One A9?) provided HTC has the financial reserves to make it.

T-Mobile drops the HTC 10 after less than three months

shyt look just like an iphone :mjlol: But it is a pretty ass phone, cant front

What happened to the HTC Ones? :dahell: I remember ya'll used to hype that phone on here a couple years ago, now that shyt getting dropped? :wtf:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
q:100

htc-one-m10-evleaks.jpg

shyt look just like an iphone :mjlol: But it is a pretty ass phone, cant front

What happened to the HTC Ones? :dahell: I remember ya'll used to hype that phone on here a couple years ago, now that shyt getting dropped? :wtf:

The only thing HTC had was design down. They were successful with HTC M7 and M8 because at that time, Android manufacturers were still creating crap phones that were ugly to look at.

Once the Galaxy S6 and the Chinese companies had caught up last year, HTC had nothing else to differenate themselves. And it shows in their lack of sales.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn homie, in school you was the man homie...
:pachaha:
The only thing HTC had was design down. They were successful with HTC M7 and M8 because at that time, Android manufacturers were still creating crap phones that were ugly to look at.

Once the Galaxy S6 and the Chinese companies had caught up last year, HTC had nothing else to differenate themselves. And it shows in their lack of sales.
Damn, Samsung killing the game like that? Wasn't the HTCs the ones with the dual front facing speakers?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Man...

Well the m8 was praised for its design the m9 was the same damn phone.

Samsung killed them with the s6 thst was a big jump from the s5, I'd probably say the note 4 was the start of the end for htc. The screen was night and bright and the m8 was dull, the m9 had a worse screen than the m8.

Boomsound sounded nice but not thst loud and remember htc has no loud speaker option like Samsung has.

Samsung just out worked them, the s6 was light about 10 grams less than the m9.

Brighter screen and prettier to look at, htc kept sense borning and bland even though it's the better skin by far, much less lag Samsung went the image route and people like pretty things.

HTC never really had strong cameras.l either the m10 is the best but Imo too little too late. Also htc wants 699 lol when a oneplis3 is 400 and a axon is 400.

Hrc just never adapted, people like bright screens look at how Samsung keeps the s7 lightweight while the m10 is damn near has heavy as the note series lol.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The first htc one m7 will always be my favorite phone. Htc really fukked me up with the htc one m9 that i just couldnt give them my business anymore.

How can u give me the goat experience in one phone only to give me the woat later. I cant believe i lasted one year with that god awful m9.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Samsung shutting the game down

Consumers wanted Samsung to make better designs? Done. Wanted them to bring back the sd card game in 2016? Done. We are on Team #Takeover its just how it is....everybody needs to step it up. The iphone 7 sounds mediocre and lazy...we'll see what the always highly respected Nexus brand brings in October.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Consumers wanted Samsung to make better designs? Done. Wanted them to bring back the sd card game in 2016? Done. We are on Team #Takeover its just how it is....everybody needs to step it up. The iphone 7 sounds mediocre and lazy...we'll see what the always highly respected Nexus brand brings in October.
Being made by HTC :lolbron:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Remake the M7 man :mjcry:

5.5-5.7 inch HTC with boomsound speakers THAT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO BE SOLD AROUND THE WORLD (looking at you HTC MAX)