Take the Impossible “Literacy” Test Louisiana Gave Black Voters in the 1960s

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
voting really wont make a difference for us until american blacks have economic power like Tarique said, until then, black voters are just helping everybody else for free.:ld:
I agree but i mean as more of a symbolic gesture. Previous generations went through a lot just for the chance and we cant be bothered, idk it seems disrespectful in a way. Same thing with school, I saw some pictures of children in cramped rooms eager to learn and now kids will do anything to not go.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
I agree but i mean as more of a symbolic gesture. Previous generations went through a lot just for the chance and we cant be bothered, idk it seems disrespectful in a way. Same thing with school, I saw some pictures of children in cramped rooms eager to learn and now kids will do anything to not go.

all Symbolism aside, i think the old generation would say fukk voting too if they saw what america became. I know alot of people died for the right and what not but voting for 'us' is not what voting is for everyone else. The gays, Latinos, Whites, Asians etc all reap the benefits of voting and the election process while we just help to put someone or a party in power that isnt going to do shyt for us.

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga

Symbolic gestures literally do nothing:skip:

The black power fist wouldn't have meant anything withoutb panthers goin out there and patrolling the streets

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
These Fukkin Cac Devils, MAYNE!!!
ray-donovan-season-2-omar-dorsey-slice.jpg

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
And yet.....probably none of us vote. We really take voting for granted and im guilty of that.

Yeah everybody, let's vote - so we can put more people in office who come up with stuff like this.

They can have this chit...

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
voting really wont make a difference for us until american blacks have economic power like Tarique said, until then, black voters are just helping everybody else for free.:ld:
Yeah everybody, let's vote - so we can put more people in office who come up with stuff like this.

They can have this chit...

Who did y'all vote for county sheriff? :patrice:P

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
@Audemar what you think my good sir
I've seen this before actually. Nothing new regarding how shameful this is can be said. The test was designed to be as equivocal as possible so if, by chance, you happened to get the questions "correct," the grader could be just be like "nah, this is wrong because I think it is." :francis: I mean, look at the first question: "Draw a line around..." By mathematical definition, a line is straight; you can't draw a line around anything as it extends infinitely in either direction. The moment you have a kink/discontinuity in a line, it becomes something else. You're getting that question wrong 100% of the time if I'm the grader unless, you know, :mjpls:. Or the even the sequence questions, 17/18. The grader could just be like: "nah, b. The next number is 27. :umad:" Anything but a literacy test.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I failed the first question :mjcry: If I'm drawing a line around, isn't that a circle? :wtf:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
I didn't realize that there were legitimate answers to these questions. Thought it was all impossible.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
This some EVIL ish right here man...

some cold hearted folks whomever thought of this to make basically illiterate folks TRY and pass (which probably 99% failed) just to vote SMH:stopitslime:
And yet.....probably none of us vote. We really take voting for granted and im guilty of that.
Voting is an illusion. Loving and building up our black brothers and sisters is more important than this muthafukkin bullshyt.