Teaser: Partners starring Martin Lawrence & Kelsey Grammer (premieres Monday August 4th)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This show was ass and most of the blame falls on Martin. the writing is pitiful but at least Grammar was able to punch it up with his delivery. Martin talks and moves like a dude on heavy mood stabilizers. He's all lethargic and mumbly.
I spent the hour I was watching the first two episodes thinking of what black comedians would have been better in the role than Martin.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was ass and most of the blame falls on Martin. the writing is pitiful but at least Grammar was able to punch it up with his delivery. Martin talks and moves like a dude on heavy mood stabilizers. He's all lethargic and mumbly.
I spent the hour I was watching the first two episodes thinking of what black comedians would have been better in the role than Martin.

I didn't even know this show existed until today. Your man looking real :flabbynsick:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Martin DOES NOT want to be on this show or his character is written to be a depressive, uncharismatic sociopath...either way, I gave this show 2 weeks and 4 episodes, I'm done.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That courtroom scene in Martin when he got the speeding ticket set the bar too high.
But he slimmed down as of recent when he got ahold of the bad boys 3 script.

Martin out there slurring, haha.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pooch hall would have been a better fit than Martin so far...& of course Sherman Hemsley would have held it down. Kelsey grammar only pulling Tom from the Jefferson jokes...Martin can still George Jefferson it.

Martin ain't got swag unless he hard hitting jokes & taking the lead....he's not good playing off people IMO.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I didn't watch this show, because there is no good FX half-hour multi-cam and regardless of Martin Lawrence, I knew it wouldn't be good. Now it doesn't look like it's gonna get picked up:

http://deadline.com/2014/08/fxs-partners-hits-new-low-back-order-unlikely-821625/

Synopsis: 450,000 viewers for it's latest ep and that's 200,000 less than a show called Saint George which was on the same 10/90 deal and that didn't get picked up.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dafuk happen to this show? :wtf:

shyt just went on indefinite hiatus with no cancellation announcement

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
dafuk happen to this show? :wtf:

shyt just went on indefinite hiatus with no cancellation announcement
:russ: Everyone realized it wasn't happening....:yeshrug:it was like trying to make 'fetch' happen no matter how hard the writers, producers, hell even the cast tried, no one really cared.