Teens are out here crashing out terribly.SMH

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps

:gucci: $1 dollar
A 15-year-old has been charged as an adult with murder in the death of a Michigan election canvasser he is accused of shooting after asking the worker for a dollar.

The teen was arraigned Wednesday in district court in Lansing and ordered held without bond. Court records Thursday did not list a defense attorney for the teen, who The Associated Press is not naming due to his age.

Ingham County Prosecutor John Dewane said Theodore Lawson's slaying Sunday does not appear to be connected to his political activities or beliefs. Lawson, 63, was a member of Ingham County's Board of Canvassers and served as secretary of the county's Democratic Party. Lansing police have not released any details around the circumstances of the shooting.

Security video in the area recorded Lawson leaving a driveway as three teens were walking on the other side of the street, a police detective wrote in a court affidavit.

One of the three crossed the street toward Lawson before he and Lawson walked out of the camera's view. A short time later a gunshot was heard. The video then recorded the three teens running away.

A juvenile court officer later identified each of the teens in the video. One teen told investigators he saw the 15-year-old shoot Lawson after asking Lawson for a dollar, according to the affidavit.

The other two teens are 15 and 17. A .22-caliber handgun was recovered in the home where the 15-year-old charged with murder was found. He denied being involved in the shooting, the affidavit said.

The 15-year-old who was charged with murder also faces gun charges. A probable cause conference has been scheduled for Oct. 20.

Lansing Police Dept. Chief Ellery Sosebee said in a statement that Lawson's murder was "senseless" and "speaks to the careless mindset of a very small section of our most violent offenders."

" ... too often, these acts of violence, are by youthful offenders with no value of consequence or accountability," Sosebee wrote. "Based on the evidence gathered, the suspect's intent was to get money from the victim in an attempted robbery. There is no evidence or information this was related to any political motive or affiliation."

Dewane, the county prosecutor, said he opted to charge the teen as an adult due to the nature of the offense and his previous interactions with the court system.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
First and foremost R.I.P. to the victims and those affected by gun violence

But lets be reality: teenagers are gonna always do dumb shyt. That’s just facts. They don’t think long term. If you grew up in the 90’s to mid ‘05 this shyt isn’t excusable but an ongoing problem with easy access to guns

But the sissies just wanna blame rap cause its easier

My cousin was 17 and got murdered by a loser ass bum who was 16 over some he-said-she-said shyt. Something that could’ve easily been defused if they talked out it man to man.

Nice to see Say Cheese doing what they can to lap other black “media” broadcasting black dysfunction under the guise of journalism

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think some people just aren't mentally competent enough to be in society. We don't catch it soon enough.

I think in a better funded world , such people would be filtered into special ed or held back 2 to 3 years in the lower grades of school until they catch up. Stigma around both courses should be reduced also

So it would be nice if we had better screening and funding for that psychological screening. It would be much more cost effective for the tax payer than feeding and housing an offender for 30yrs AFTER they act on their unadressed mental instability.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
how does the rule work with showing pictures of minors in crime? He is 15 so they show a picture but don’t release a name? I’m confused
Once it's determined by the court that the juvenile will be tried as an adult, they can release their identity. They can also do so if the person is a danger. So if I kid goes in a shooting spree and is on the run.

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I need more information, there could be more to this.

There is a story out of a Black Teen who killed a White man named Josh Kruger in Philadelphia, then they found out the White man Josh Kruger was molesting the teen, when the teen was a minor: