Tell Me Something Good (DAPS+REP for all that contribute)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
To offset the fukkery and negativity that pervades TLR, lettuce have a thread to celebrate things you've either done for yourself or the community today. I think a lot of us would like to do better and don't know where to start, or maybe we do good things everyday and it starts to feel like a chore because you feel your deeds go overlooked. Maybe you started a project around your house, mended a relationship that was on bad terms with somebody you were once good friends with or perhaps gave an older lady a ride home that was overloaded with grocery bags at a bus stop. Whatever it may be, feel free to put it in the atmosphere.

For me, my daughter had a day off from school today so I took off work because no one else could. I decided to go to the shooting range for a little self care and then I set up a playdate for her with two of her friends from school. She good pals with a girl and her twin brother that are being raised by their grandmother, so I gave her a call so that she could have a couple hours for herself. I took them to the park and we played football, on the play structures as well as explored the creek and a few trails. After that I took them out for sliders and milkshakes. They wanted sodas afterwards but i told them the virtues of drinking water instead and i think they took it to heart. We then came back to the house and watched a movie. All in all, I would consider today to be a success.

Last edited:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I found an awesome podcast about mental hygiene by some black people that inspired me to get back into journaling and meditation.

I came down to NC to help my mother regroup. We've been cleaning out my brother's house after the old tenants left it a mess.

I've realized, I've been stressing these last few months. Finally, climbed out of some deep doo-doo. Still going throuh stressful situations,but I will not let it get the best of me. I'm moving forward one small step at a time.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I found an awesome podcast about mental hygiene by some black people that inspired me to get back into journaling and meditation.

I came down to NC to help my mother regroup. We've been cleaning out my brother's house after the old tenants left it a mess.

I've realized, I've been stressing these last few months. Finally, climbed out of some deep doo-doo. Still going throuh stressful situations,but I will not let it get the best of me. I'm moving forward one small step at a time.

I'd rep you, but I already did this morning :biggrin:. Do you have a link for the mental health podcast you listened to?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I'd rep you, but I already did this morning :biggrin:. Do you have a link for the mental health podcast you listened to?
Idk, if it's for the coli crowd. It's by two gay guys and a girl. It's called The Friend Zone, its just 3 friends who build each other up instead of just talking shyt like most content out.