StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
Fellow Lounge Posters...

In an ongoing effort to get The Lounger together/more active, I ask you:

What do you like/hate about the section?

What do you think could be improved?

Any ideas you feel that could give the board a shot in the arm?

All feedback and criticism is welcomed :salute:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Where to start:

I like the lounge because it's a break away from the normal Hip-hop/Rap/R&B that's associated with the black crowd.

Lately I've been exploring more foreign music (but still 'black') so I would definitely like the Lounge to have more content geared to music discovery e.g. An offical foreign music thread for people to post links and such.

Right now, why I think a lot of streaming sites are doing well is because they allow you to find new music that previously you may not have come across.

For example in the past couple months I've across a wide array of artists that I may never have come across if not for the "similar artists" function. Example:

Monsieur Nov, Maitre Gims, Matt Houston, Les Nubians etc

I think if "The Lounge" pivots to more new music discovery then it could get really big.

Great work so far. I've discovered some gems though I've had to search hard for it (possibly another point to correct)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I like this idea. Now that cook is gone, maybe we can make this happen?

Yo I have an idea, Can we change this into a throwback sub-forum. Focusing on early 2000, 90's and 80's Hiphop/RnB and classics from other genres.

This place has little to no traffic so I don't think it would be too much of a change. Plus I have no interest in these new artist.

Rebranding it will give it the jump start needed.

I bounced the idea of Rebranding the lounge to a throwback subforum to cook back in the day, but he didn't like it.

I just don't know if or how new rnb/soul could be integrated into this

@stomachlines @m0rninggl0ry @hayesc0 @brownsugah @StarClout

Last edited:

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This sub forum has a lot of potential. I like the fact that we are all rooted in rap/rnb but are open to exploring other genres as well. I can’t think of any other discussion forums out there like that. I’m big into classic rock but if I go to a rock forum there’s going to be a lot of rock discussion but not from a hiphophead perspective if that makes sense. And I’ll be honest. I’m big into a lot of other genres that none of my black friends are into. Even jazz I can only discuss with my pops.

I always say I’m gonna pop my head in here more often but I always visit The Booth just because there’s more traffic. But I will make a more conscious effort to post on here more. I guess I don’t really have any suggestions to offer really. Maybe once every few months make a thread in the booth that’s stickied advertising this forum to new users. I still think there’s a lot of current users who don’t even know this exists. And maybe even advertising this subforum outside of the Coli. I mean even cats who listen to nothing but rap grew up to their parents playing soul/jazz/funk so I know there’s booth posters who should fukk with us more.