Tennessee university president busted for cotton stalks and ‘black meals’ at diversity dinner

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
It's the rural south. The food was probably good and not too far off what a lot of dinners might offer.

Well, except for the lack of seats and cotton centerpieces. :mjpls:

Its not rural South, but white people in Nashville mostly know how to cook certain foods well compared to the rest of America

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
im sorry but do you know any black people who exclusively eat soul food all day evryday?:picard:

the nikka could have served salami and parsnips (because clearly those are the only options, heavy soul foods or salami:francis:), it doesnt matter.

"food black people are familiar with?" fam im as familiar with chicken spinach and rice as i am tabouleh. the implication that all black people eat is soul food by yourself is pretty fukking stupid and malicious.

i don't give a fukk about your dad or his ancestors, btw. :mjlol:
No one exclusively eats anything in America since WW II with fast food, quick meals and since the 60s internatinal cuisine.

Sorry I am a multi-generational Black American married to a foreigner and they even understand food that Southern Black Americans are familiar with. As I cook the foods they are familiar with. Try again with the troll game and I said what I said. Bigger things to fight besides cotton stalks and food you eat at the family reunion anyway.

Daps
Nashville has a very rich black history. It has 3 HBCUs within a mile of each other. Nashville produces the 2nd most black lawyers and doctors in the country only behind Howard.

With that said If you are black and you attend Vanderbilt, Liscomb, Belmont or any of these cac private universities dont be all appaled and running to the media because they are racist. Cacs only tolerate you. They dont like you.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
lol - ain't no one serving mofongo in Tennessee breh , lol

you're getting Taco's or Enchaladas, you pick

ain't naan mexican complain either - black went up there ate all the collards and complained the entire time they were there lol.

"AIN'T no seats?!"
"who made the potato salad?"
"their's not enough chicken!"
"there's no spices in the greens"
"who seasoned this shyt"
"there's a cotton plant on the table....but no seats!":scust:
:deadrose:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Ok... i guess the 1st thing that popped in my mind was "nikkaz questioned the cotton centerpiece, but you ate standing up... :what: like some fukkin hillbillies?
U were offended by some food that u would eat at any other time, but because a white man served it to u...it was a problem... but.. and I mean a big muthafukin BUT.... U ATE DINNER STANDING UP? :what:
END THREAD :deadmanny:
I mean... was the white man to clever for u. That he got u to eat this offensive, yet tastey sounding food, in front of a centerpiece made of cotton, while u were fukkin standing. smh.
We gotta do better

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Its not rural South, but white people in Nashville mostly know how to cook certain foods well compared to the rest of America
No doubt. I found myself surprised visiting a college teammates family once. Gave creh a ride home over break. His mom was like, yo stay for dinner. shyt was smacking! :leon:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Honestly don't know what to make of it. I mean tacos for Latinos, cotton and soul food for AAs, the optics are so awful it's hard to excuse as an innocent mistake.

Alot of the alt right crowd and their sympathizers are probably crying now about PC culture and what not, but even if it might not come from malicious place, shyt just comes off as callous and insensitive.

It boggles my mind that people get mad that they cannot mistreat black people. fukking cotton. Breh I just do not get it.:hhh:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's the rural south. The food was probably good and not too far off what a lot of dinners might offer.

Well, except for the lack of seats and cotton centerpieces. :mjpls:

Just saying...:heh: cooking collard greens with no seasoning or ox tails in them... you know how cacs don't be seasoning.:mjpls: the entire situation plus the cotton shyt was brazenly racist...