Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Damn this shyt flopped lmao. I see I wasn’t the only one who could give a fukk about a female lead Terminator

This shyt was hot motherfukking garbage lol, send yo grandparents to protect you but they can barely walk. I can see it now, (In old grandma voice) baby, pass me my cane so I can go after the Terminator

:mjlol:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
So let me get this straight... There was another Arnold Terminator that was sent along with the liquid metal Terminator to kill John Connor... but he got lost during T2.... And finally found and killed John Connor in the beginning of this new Terminator movie....then he went on and live a normal human life and develop human feelings and decided to help the new human cast in this new Terminator movie...:hhh:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
So let me get this straight... There was another Arnold Terminator that was sent along with the liquid metal Terminator to kill John Connor... but he got lost during T2.... And finally found and killed John Connor in the beginning of this new Terminator movie....then he went on and live a normal human life and develop human feelings and decided to help the new human cast in this new Terminator movie...:hhh:
LMAO so the same Terminator that killed homie is helping them out years later? That's just bad

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It makes complete sense in context of the movie. He didn’t actually develop human feelings at all; he’s still AI. And like Data or any AI, he learned what feelings are. He’s asked does he have feelings and he says no but he understands them and how they work and what their purpose is. It’s still artificial intelligence so he’s not capable of becoming human at all. He just learned and accepted a new mission, which was atonement. The same way the the terminator in T2 learned about emotion and empathy and how to be less of a robot

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
It makes complete sense in context of the movie. He didn’t actually develop human feelings at all; he’s still AI. And like Data or any AI, he learned what feelings are. He’s asked does he have feelings and he says no but he understands them and how they work and what their purpose is. It’s still artificial intelligence so he’s not capable of becoming human at all. He just learned and accepted a new mission, which was atonement. The same way the the terminator in T2 learned about emotion and empathy and how to be less of a robot

Cool he learned some stuff. But he's still a robot that can't sleep or eat. No way he lived a normal family life. Maybe a life of a loner, but a husband with a step son nahhh son I can't buy that. :stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cool he learned some stuff. But he's still a robot that can't sleep or eat. No way he lived a normal family life. Maybe a life of a loner, but a husband with a step son nahhh son I can't buy that. :stopitslime:
That’s not...sigh lol. Okay let’s start from the top

T2 showed AI can learn and be reprogrammed. shyt it showed they can reprogram themselves if the mission calls for it. The way it’s laid out in this movie, is he had no more mission. He observed and learned over the years and simply became the support system for a woman and her son when they needed support. It’s not about him boo loving; it’s protection. Terminators, at least so far, have two functions in Cameron’s eyes: protection or killing. So all he did was reprogram to protect this woman coming from a very abusive relationship and her son. That’s it. Again, context. Seeing the movie and the way its executed enhances the perspective and the argument

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I KNEW THIS WOULD FLOP
THEY SECOND IT APPEARED TO BE A GIRL POWER MOVIE.

THATS NOT CATERING TO THE TERMINATOR
FAN BASE AT ALL.
:devil:
:evil:

It's crazy how hollywood really fukked up the formula on how to make an action movie starring a strong female lead. Even this franchise did it right in T2.
Aliens with Ripley was dope, the secret was back then they actually made the woman appear to be strong. They weren't muscle bound but they didn't look like little abercrombie models either. Versus today we are expected to believe some barbie doll is strong. They used to cast big Red Sonya looking woman in those roles. Thats why Black panthers cast worked for me, it wasn't a bunch of halle berry looking girls playing the dora milag
But thats only one factor, the other is now they force the girl power message into the narrative instead of letting the actions of the heroine inspire those messages. it's no longer earned.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
what were they thinking from a business perspective ? I’m willing to bet the terminator fan base is 90% males. It’s like what are y’all doing here?
Not only that but we never had a problem with "strong female characters". Cameron was doing that shyt organically and in a non-forced way 30 years ago with Sarah and Ripley and no one had a problem with it.

It's such a shame too because the fears of A.I. and technology damaging our society is more relevant than ever. There are so many interesting things they could've done with the story, but 3, Genisys, and Dark Fate are all retreads of T2. Salvation may have faltered and had some mis-steps. And I always found it strange that the future in Salvation didn't look anything like the future from T1 and T2, but in hindsight I at least respect it for trying to do something different.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how hollywood really fukked up the formula on how to make an action movie starring a strong female lead. Even this franchise did it right in T2.
Aliens with Ripley was dope, the secret was back then they actually made the woman appear to be strong. They weren't muscle bound but they didn't look like little abercrombie models either. Versus today we are expected to believe some barbie doll is strong. They used to cast big Red Sonya looking woman in those roles. Thats why Black panthers cast worked for me, it wasn't a bunch of halle berry looking girls playing the dora milag
But thats only one factor, the other is now they force the girl power message into the narrative instead of letting the actions of the heroine inspire those messages. it's no longer earned.

Dani Ramos is 5'1. C'mon man we know what would happen to a chick like this in an apocalyptic work. Nyggas would do her dirty. :picard:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dani Ramos is 5'1. C'mon man we know what would happen to a chick like this in an apocalyptic work. Nyggas would do her dirty. :picard:
Facts,
and i'm not even saying we to have a have woman that looks like Chyna playing wonder woman and captain marvel. But we can't even get solidly built women like beyonce's body type in these roles average height female porportions etc. No, instead they are all built like Kourtney Kardasian, barely over 5'3" weigh less than 100lbs soaking wet. etc.

Thats the equivalent of casting Elijah Wood and his hobbit buddies in every male action role.

Last edited: