Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
It makes complete sense in context of the movie. He didn’t actually develop human feelings at all; he’s still AI. And like Data or any AI, he learned what feelings are. He’s asked does he have feelings and he says no but he understands them and how they work and what their purpose is. It’s still artificial intelligence so he’s not capable of becoming human at all. He just learned and accepted a new mission, which was atonement. The same way the the terminator in T2 learned about emotion and empathy and how to be less of a robot

Like he (it) just became self aware? Like Ultron but the Terminators AI that did that years ago is going to allow that flaw to perpetuate into its killing constructs? So that their products turn on them like it did the humans. Right.

:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like he (it) just became self aware? Like Ultron but the Terminators AI that did that years ago is going to allow that flaw to perpetuate into its killing constructs? So that their products turn on them like it did the humans. Right.

:mjlol:
This is probably showing my ignorance but you lost me lol. My bad

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
oh shyt :wow: when they make the female version of back to the future on some ghostbusters shyt :wow:
giphy.gif

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
This is probably showing my ignorance but you lost me lol. My bad

The terminator AI became self aware which is why it originally pulled away from the humans. It became capable of its own independent thoughts and actions. So it turned rogue and launched nukes to destroy humanity. That was a flaw unaccounted for in the Skynet AI. There were no failsafe to counter if it did.

Fast forward to this movie where a terminator broke free of its programming, like it's ancestors did with the humans. So you mean to tell me the AI didn't make sure this wouldn't in turn happen to them too? That a robot they built could turn on them at some point? I'd expect them to input a self destruct program in if one didn't follow its original program which is to kill all humans.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The terminator AI became self aware which is why it originally pulled away from the humans. It became capable of its own independent thoughts and actions. So it turned rogue and launched nukes to destroy humanity. That was a flaw unaccounted for in the Skynet AI. There were no failsafe to counter if it did.

Fast forward to this movie where a terminator broke free of its programming, like it's ancestors did with the humans. So you mean to tell me the AI didn't make sure this would in turn happen to them too? That a robot they built could turn on them at some point? I'd expect them to input a self destruct program in if one didn't follow its original program which is to kill all humans.
Interesting. And that makes sense. I think, and I could be wrong, the movie counters that by saying they sent more than one terminator to get John. So it wasn’t just the T1000. And with time travel, they both don’t have to arrive on earth at the same time and more than likely wouldn’t. So that wouldn’t be something skynet would account for because they haven’t seen that outcome yet.

The way I understand time travel, at least from movies and random science shyt, is it would be like traveling through a wormhole. Sometimes you hit the mark exactly and other times you don’t

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Fast forward to this movie where a terminator broke free of its programming, like it's ancestors did with the humans. So you mean to tell me the AI didn't make sure this wouldn't in turn happen to them too? That a robot they built could turn on them at some point? I'd expect them to input a self destruct program in if one didn't follow its original program which is to kill all humans.

Interesting. And that makes sense. I think, and I could be wrong, the movie counters that by saying they sent more than one terminator to get John. So it wasn’t just the T1000. And with time travel, they both don’t have to arrive on earth at the same time and more than likely wouldn’t. So that wouldn’t be something skynet would account for because they haven’t seen that outcome yet.

The way I understand time travel, at least from movies and random science shyt, is it would be like traveling through a wormhole. Sometimes you hit the mark exactly and other times you don’t
I think you both are confused here.

Skynet becomes self aware. It didn’t attack or nothing. In fear that it would attack, humans try to pull its plug. That is when skynet fights back and launches the nukes. A resistance starts up. They win. The machine sends back terminators to stop that as a last dying effort.

now this is the problem. T1 said the terminator and Kyle came back and they destroyed the time machine. So when the terminator died, it was over

T2 then says oops. Killing the first t800 and leaving his chip, is what actually leads to the creation of skynet... so they still exist and still need to kill Jon. So now they got another terminator through (t1000) and another good terminator (t800) through. TDF now says NO. They sent back 3 terminators the second time (second t800).

so t1000 fails. Good t800 kills itself to make sure skynet never exists. Extra t800 kills Jon after that.

Boom. Skip to future times. There is a completely OTHER future AI, that has nothing to do with skynet, sending back terminators every 2 years. From 91 to 19. Linda has been killing them with help from bad t800 who killed Jon.

Bad t800 is skynet. New AI couldn’t control him at all. And at no point does he fight any skynet terminators. Since skynet stopped existing the moment the good t800 killed himself, bad t800 never got anymore more missions. So he did what he was programmed to do. Learn everything about humans so they could infiltrate them.

Typing it out....... T2 should have been the one terminator movie allow to be made. The fact that skynet existed one way. Then gets created another way with the same results. Then a completely other AI, with no knowledge of skynet or terminators, would make the exact same machines with the exact same missions and ways to win/lose...... is fukking retarded

but boy that action had me hyped. I’ll agree with the critics. Best since T2. But that ain’t saying much.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Last I recall movies are supposed to make money no matter where they're played. What makes a movie styled for a certain country/continent? :dwillhuh:

Chinese money is flowing through Hollywood and the rest of the United States, you haven't noticed more Asian leads and supporting cast for the last 15 years?

Everything is geared towards the Chinese audience....

Back to the film, this joint was trash, slightly better than part 5, 3 and Salvation is still ranked higher, but nor by much.

Be an augmented Terminator with a bytchy attitude and withdrawl symptoms....

Let a midget mamacita be the leader of the resistance.....

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
One thing that kept bugging me was the Rev9's abilities...why was it splitting? What advantage did it get by coming back together? Why was the split half incapable of disguising itself?

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
too look cool :unimpressed::ufdup:

I get that lol, just don't know why it bothered to come back together. Grace was clearly familiar with the model, I just kept waiting for some breakdown of it's capabilities. Like the discussion between Arnie and John in T2 :yeshrug:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I get that lol, just don't know why it bothered to come back together. Grace was clearly familiar with the model, I just kept waiting for some breakdown of it's capabilities. Like the discussion between Arnie and John in T2 :yeshrug:
Why explain those cool details when we have to get to the part where a T800 is selling drapes. That was more informative then some stupid terminator killing machine.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
One thing that kept bugging me was the Rev9's abilities...why was it splitting? What advantage did it get by coming back together? Why was the split half incapable of disguising itself?

In tech terms, the host device (skeleton) housed all internal components to allow the slave device (the human element/liquid metal) to run as an independent process.

When the host was killed, the liquid device/process died. Seems the advantage would be to overwhelm an enemy by turning 5 host machines into 10 killer machines....

It was cool, but made the meth head augment Grace pretty unbelievable....

Give me a hijacked TX and called it day....

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Chinese money is flowing through Hollywood and the rest of the United States, you haven't noticed more Asian leads and supporting cast for the last 15 years?

Just because an Asian is is featured heavily doesn’t make it a movie not targeted for America. :dead:

Again, I know the marketing may target certain countries, but I don’t see why people have to call worldwide movie releases from Hollywood non-American films, especially a franchise that became popular here. :deadmanny: