Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Just because an Asian is is featured heavily doesn’t make it a movie not targeted for America. :dead:

Again, I know the marketing may target certain countries, but I don’t see why people have to call worldwide movie releases from Hollywood non-American films, especially a franchise that became popular here. :deadmanny:
This all changed when international money, and markets, started bringing in more money than american markets. With China, a country with 1 billion people, and some of the hardest censor laws in the world, usually bringing in the #2 amount of money

It's easy to focus on American when your movie does $400 million and 350 was in the USA. Now look at Endgame... Did 800 milly in the US and 1.9 BILLION internationally... It's not even a question.... There have been multiple blockbuster movies, that have had major changes, because China wouldn't play it if they didn't.

Gotta think global now.. Changing the verbiage is an easy way to do so

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This all changed when international money, and markets, started bringing in more money than american markets. With China, a country with 1 billion people, and some of the hardest censor laws in the world, usually bringing in the #2 amount of money

It's easy to focus on American when your movie does $400 million and 350 was in the USA. Now look at Endgame... Did 800 milly in the US and 1.9 BILLION internationally... It's not even a question.... There have been multiple blockbuster movies, that have had major changes, because China wouldn't play it if they didn't.

Gotta think global now.. Changing the verbiage is an easy way to do so

Breh, I get it. I just hate how people say "it's not for the American market." shyt is fukkin stupid. I watch movies for entertainment, not for nationalism. :gucci:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
So if skynets no longer around, it doesnt ever happen...how did Arnie know when the terminators would be sent back? If it wasnt skynet sending them back? Or were those skynet terminators and all of a sudden this one wasnt?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So if skynets no longer around, it doesnt ever happen...how did Arnie know when the terminators would be sent back? If it wasnt skynet sending them back? Or were those skynet terminators and all of a sudden this one wasnt?
He knew the signature energy levels for time travel attempts... These two completely unrelated AI's, with completely different operating systems and design.... Also both designed the exact same method for time travel, to the point a decade old computer, could still detect it from anywhere in the world, in advance time for Sarah meet them there and kill them

Y'all making me explain this movie is making me dislike it more and more... It's a great popcorn, ignore the plot, type of action movie... Don't bother yourself asking any real questions

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. Way too much cgi, just too much like a comic book movie. This movie was completely unnecessary. Arnold had some funny lines. I think terminator 3 is still better than this.

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Really lost all interest in Avatar 2 just because James Cameron signed off on this movie. :snoop:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Was an alright movie. Definitely better than the last movie. Would be dope if they brought back Sarah Conner Chronicles. The tv show actually makes sense in this new cannon they created
I liked that the show got around some of their budgetary constraints by focusing more on some of the issues surrounding A.I. and I seem to remember the show exploring some ideas that I thought were cool and different from the first two movies.

Every sequel after T2 besides Salvation has been the same old good terminator protects target from bad terminator angle. So at this point I'm really starting to have some newfound respect for Salvation for at least trying to do something different.

And they've never built a new upgraded bad terminator that's felt more menacing than the T-1000. Part of it is the inherent damn near perfection of the design, and the other part is Robert Patrick's performance. But none of the post T-1000 terminator actors nor models have felt all that threatening to me. Although I do think the concept of the 2-terminators in one thing on this new Rev-9 terminator is kinda cool.

A HUGE aspect I think is being overlooked is the horror angle. This scene below is amazing. The 3 human characters are all reacting to what they're seeing as if it's truly some otherworldly and supernatural shyt. These new flicks on the other hand have liquid metal terminators turning into blades and swords and buzzsaws and no one reacts in any sort of authentic way.