Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Really lost all interest in Avatar 2 just because James Cameron signed off on this movie. :snoop:
I just don't get what happened with Cameron and why he's so fascinated in the Avatar flicks. I don't buy that he's just in it for the money, because he's got plenty and has made moves in his career where he's sacrificed significant amount of his own money when he didn't have to.

Thinking about his early run from T1 to Aliens, The Abyss, T2, True Lies, Titanic...then that giant waiting period and then Avatar. And then nothing since....

Is he just that much of a technology nerd that he wants to tell another super generic story but just with the latest and greatest tech?

fukk man...his early movies were all so dope. And although I'm sure it'll still do big numbers I really don't think there's all that much genuine interest or enthusiasm from people to see an Avatar 2.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I went back to T3 tonight, and I think it's much better. Certainly flawed, but the spectacular crane chase and the bleak ass ending are great.
Watched it a few weeks back, it has a weak start in my opinion but it picks up halfway through:manny:

Salvation is :ld:

Haven't checked out Genisys yet but from what I heard....:skip:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This shyt is outta my local theater this friday :wow:
And the amc will be cutting the times down to 3 showings.

Their definitely putting this series on ice for awhile.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Facts,
and i'm not even saying we to have a have woman that looks like Chyna playing wonder woman and captain marvel. But we can't even get solidly built women like beyonce's body type in these roles average height female porportions etc. No, instead they are all built like Kourtney Kardasian, barely over 5'3" weigh less than 100lbs soaking wet. etc.

Thats the equivalent of casting Elijah Wood and his hobbit buddies in every male action role.
Tom Cruise is 5'7 :sas2:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I liked that the show got around some of their budgetary constraints by focusing more on some of the issues surrounding A.I. and I seem to remember the show exploring some ideas that I thought were cool and different from the first two movies.

Every sequel after T2 besides Salvation has been the same old good terminator protects target from bad terminator angle. So at this point I'm really starting to have some newfound respect for Salvation for at least trying to do something different.

And they've never built a new upgraded bad terminator that's felt more menacing than the T-1000. Part of it is the inherent damn near perfection of the design, and the other part is Robert Patrick's performance. But none of the post T-1000 terminator actors nor models have felt all that threatening to me. Although I do think the concept of the 2-terminators in one thing on this new Rev-9 terminator is kinda cool.

A HUGE aspect I think is being overlooked is the horror angle. This scene below is amazing. The 3 human characters are all reacting to what they're seeing as if it's truly some otherworldly and supernatural shyt. These new flicks on the other hand have liquid metal terminators turning into blades and swords and buzzsaws and no one reacts in any sort of authentic way.

I think they blew their load with the T-1000. Granted, they never saw anymore sequels... But after you make a shape shifter, what the fukk else can you do?

I mean really... What new power can they give it, that's going to beat it being able to perfectly mimic any human. That's always going to be the bait power. The surprise twist power. The "anyone could be a terminator" power... And then they top it off with a power to become all metal objects... AND it's liquid metal so he can always revive

Only thing they've been able to add is "control all electronics" which is kinda weak... And "separate the liquid from the machine" so you have two. Everything upgraded beyond that, it's just fight choreography and FX. I'm not sure what else they could do besides that.

Also, stop with the sending back the killer and protector... That's been the plot for 5 movies now. This is a universe where humans create an AI, that creates killer robots and time machines, and uses that to kill humans.... The possibilities are endless

salvation was fire
I said it from jump and will always say it.. And this is exactly what I mean... 5 movies of "send one back and send back a protector"... and 1 movie where we get future war, what it's like to fight AI with their own tech, and a chance to show Jon and how he wins the first war (almost like star wars prequels)....

Nope... lets scrap that and go back to 2 more of the same formula that didn't work since 1991

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Breh, I get it. I just hate how people say "it's not for the American market." shyt is fukkin stupid. I watch movies for entertainment, not for nationalism. :gucci:

its a big issue though, not about nationalism

all these blockbuster movies are geting dumbed down and censored for china...you haven't noticed a drop in quality over the years? the dialog is very simple because they have to translate it and there is amost always a chinese actor who plays a major supporting role

honestly i dont even believe china has that many people and i dont believe thier box office numbers either. China is known to cook the cooks on all types of business they do. fukk them and im tired of american movies being trash because they try to cater to them to make more $$$

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
ain't missing much. shyt was asscheeks.

The only thing I was mildly interested in was the ending, when they show old ass arnold get upgraded with T1000 powers
Watched it and it is trash like you said. Dude who played Jobber Reese is trash, I don't buy
ZwG5o6q.png
as Sarah Connor :mjlol:

They dragged Arnold & J.K Simmons into this ?:hhh:

I immediately watched Terminator 1 again to wipe my hands off this travesty...no wonder they cancelled the sequel, but judging from Dark Fates box office...it's own sequel will get canned as well :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
It is beyond me how many ppl truly think Salvation is a good flick. It was directed by mcG for crying out loud. A music video director movie was hot trash. Bale literally mailed in that performance. He even had that classic meltdown on set everyone knows about lol. It pains me so much to see what has happened to this franchise since T2. My personal All time fav film.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
It is beyond me how many ppl truly think Salvation is a good flick. It was directed by mcG for crying out loud. A music video director movie was hot trash. Bale literally mailed in that performance. He even had that classic meltdown on set everyone knows about lol. It pains me so much to see what has happened to this franchise since T2. My personal All time fav film.

How would that work?