Teyonnah Paris stars in "Slave Play"

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
“Slave Play,” it turns out, is the blunter way of phrasing what Teá and Patricia are up to. They call it Antebellum Sexual Performance Therapy. They birthed it at Smith and raised it up at Yale, and it’s a radical role-play-based therapy intended to “help black partners reengage intimately with white partners from whom they no longer receive sexual pleasure.” It’s about “tackling your anhedonia at its source,” Teá assures Kaneisha, Phillip, and Gary, as all three couples reemerge onto the stage in the play’s second act, with the nervy closed faces of actors girding their loins for a particularly frustrating talk-back. The brilliant twist of Slave Play is that for all the graphic intimacy of the show’s first act, its performers are infinitely more exposed in the acts to come, when the real people that they’re playing must struggle to come to grips with the fantasies they’ve just enacted. The casual put-on racism, seemingly bizarre desires, and flights of violence that occurred during the couples’ role-play might have hurt, but attempting to look each other in the eyes after the performance — attempting to speak to each other and, more important and more difficult, to listen — is going to hurt much, much more.

What? :scust: :what:
Yooooo

Please tell me some coli nikka made all this up and none of this exist :snoop:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
This shyt right here though:hhh::gucci::dwillhuh:

“Then there’s Alana (Annie McNamara), the tightly wound mistress of the house, whose massive antebellum couch-cake of a dress conceals a would-be dominatrix who wants nothing more than to sodomize Phillip (Sullivan Jones) — the tall, super-buff, violin-playing house slave — with a giant black dildo. And somewhere outside the windows of Alana’s bedchamber, there’s Gary (Ato Blankson-Wood), a slave who’s been granted authority over the white indentured servant Dustin (James Cusati-Moyer). Dustin — who has an ambiguous look about him, as if he might be Italian or perhaps Latinx — seems to resent being called “white,” and he and Gary soon end up in a violent tussle that morphs into an equally violent make-out session. When Dustin starts licking Gary’s “big black” boot, Gary comes. And then cries.”
These blavity ass nikkas mayne:snoop:
Oh my fukking gawd:mindblown:

Brah ain't no way

This is literally worthy of murdering the entire cast, writers, stage hands, audience and their families :mindblown:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
This shyt is embarrassing man.
giphy.gif

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The playwright has a pathological sexual desire for white men so strong he has to work to overcome it. No wonder he can't understand how disgusting and hurtful this subject matter is.

Decolonizing My Desire

“I can place the exact moment when white bodies colonized my subconscious, and when blue-eyed men with sun-kissed arms began to hold my desires upon their shoulders like Atlas.

I was nine, wandering through a JCPenny with my mother, when my stomach dropped upon the sight of row after row of decollated white bodies in tight black briefs. By the time she reached out to pull me away, I had already been seized—taken to a place where my black body was the brief that hugged the waist of faceless white men, accessorized by muscles in all the right places. Months later, the bodies gained faces: Leonardo from Romeo + Juliet, Ryan from Cruel Intentions, Brad from Fight Club”

What type of sick shyt is this?

5qd3YWz.png

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you, I follow her on Instagram and with the pages she follows I’m stunned she did this play as well.
If, in the next 2 years she gets an Oscar or Tony nod, it’ll be bc she did this role. Something like black male actors dressing up as a woman to get the “big roles”.
Hope she gets blackballed. :pacspit: Waynch

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
“I can place the exact moment when white bodies colonized my subconscious, and when blue-eyed men with sun-kissed arms began to hold my desires upon their shoulders like Atlas."

taken to a place where my black body was the brief that hugged the waist of faceless white men, accessorized by muscles in all the right places

aside from this being fukkin disgusting he's a terrible writer :heh: