Reppin
NULL

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
If we're in a position to draft Caleb(we won't as we'll be a 4-6 win team), you have to take him. As far as getting an o-line, you can find them in the draft, and we could always move Saquon to Buffalo or Detroit for a pick or two.
Outside of Andrew Thomas, the Giants have miserably failed at this recently.

Also, I never said that the Giants shouldn't draft Caleb (if they are in a position to).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I just don't understand why Jones was resigned. Surely someone in the org was opposed to it. I feel like Daboll had to know better but it wasn't his call. All you had to do is tag him and draft someone next year. Plenty of QBs will be available, not to mention good RBs so you could let Saquon walk or trade him. I'm not a Giants fan...did you guys hear or read anything about there being debate in the org when he was resigned?

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't understand why Jones was resigned. Surely someone in the org was opposed to it. I feel like Daboll had to know better but it wasn't his call. All you had to do is tag him and draft someone next year. Plenty of QBs will be available, not to mention good RBs so you could let Saquon walk or trade him. I'm not a Giants fan...did you guys hear or read anything about there being debate in the org when he was resigned?
Mara's fingerprints are all over it. Mara said DJ reminded him of a young Eli before the draft and then before last year Mara was on record saying "We have done everything possible to screw up DJ" This past Summer Mara said it was gratifying to see DJ lead the team to a playoff win. :mjlol:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Mara's fingerprints are all over it. Mara said DJ reminded him of a young Eli before the draft and then before last year Mara was on record saying "We have done everything possible to screw up DJ" This past Summer Mara said it was gratifying to see DJ lead the team to a playoff win. :mjlol:
Exactly. It doesn’t matter if anyone else in the organization is opposed to it when the guy who runs everything decides he wants them to give DJ a new contract. I would imagine that’s why Daboll looks so disgusted on the sideline now because they knew he wasn’t worth keeping and they were forced to. Now everything has gone to shyt and he’s going to be blamed for it when the owner is the one who caused all of it and will face no consequences.

Daboll might legit bounce at the end of the year.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of Andrew Thomas, the Giants have miserably failed at this recently.

Also, I never said that the Giants shouldn't draft Caleb (if they are in a position to).
Olinemen talent is scarce in todays league. A lot of olinemen drafted inthe first round arent even making it to a second contract. Cowboys have mutlitple first round busts from other teams on their practice squad

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Exactly. It doesn’t matter if anyone else in the organization is opposed to it when the guy who runs everything decides he wants them to give DJ a new contract. I would imagine that’s why Daboll looks so disgusted on the sideline now because they knew he wasn’t worth keeping and they were forced to. Now everything has gone to shyt and he’s going to be blamed for it when the owner is the one who caused all of it and will face no consequences.

Daboll might legit bounce at the end of the year.

Tbf Daboll is the cause of this. We should have been awful last year; gutted the roster, and have a proper rebuild. This probably would have happened, IF Daboll wasn't a miracle worker last year.

Now we're we should have been last year, if Daboll leaves, we need to trade all the vets but we'll unfortunately try to make the playoffs next year.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tbf Daboll is the cause of this. We should have been awful last year; gutted the roster, and have a proper rebuild. This probably would have happened, IF Daboll wasn't a miracle worker last year.

Now we're we should have been last year, if Daboll leaves, we need to trade all the vets but we'll unfortunately try to make the playoffs next year.
It’s very simple, the giants played WAAAAY over their heads last year, it was like a 5 win roster that Daboll won with, which is why he was the COY. They got very lucky in one score games that was no really sustainable

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Imagine the bengals saying we aren’t drafting Joe burrow because the Oline is bad. We gonna wait to build it up and draft a new Joe burrow 3 years down the line :mjlol:
Did anyone say that the Giants shouldn't draft Caleb Williams? :jbhmm:

Olinemen talent is scarce in todays league. A lot of olinemen drafted inthe first round arent even making it to a second contract. Cowboys have mutlitple first round busts from other teams on their practice squad
Yeah, that's why "just draft an O-line" isn't really feasible.

Anyway, I didn't know that a simple (and true) statement would be controversial lol.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I see a lot of people saying the Giants will win 4-6 games so they won’t get a top pick. I don’t know that I necessarily agree with that. This team has no life, no juice, no spark. If you don’t have that to START the season, where will you get that to end the season?

This team has shown me nothing to make me believe they can win 4 games. They had to make a “historic” comeback to beat the Cardinals. They got blown out by the Seahawks at home. Come on now.