The 90s>10s>00s>>80s

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
Sick of people putting the "Golden Era" of rappers on this pedestal. In the same token, I'm sick of people dismissing the 10s. We've seen plenty of dope artists and genre expansion in this decade.

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
This is clearly the best era for rap music. Also, fukk man city.

Sick of all these let's get jiggy ass nikkas :flabbynsick:

It's one thing to appreciate the culture and its roots, it's another thing entirely to listen to some dusty 60s babies tell me I have bad taste because all trap music sounds the same through their hearing aids.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Sick of all these let's get jiggy ass nikkas :flabbynsick:
im kidding :laugh:

best era because the listeners have the most control

the sad part is most listeners are followers

I don't think its a listener thing. i think the artists have more freedom and a good solid base as a result of the other decades. it's privileged but it's totally reaping the benefits and taking chances (that work). so I think 10s are the best next to the 90s.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
:yeshrug:
I fukk with you Turk, but it had to be said.

I'm cool disagreeing on this.

You can't disrespect the nikkas that started this shyt, breh. Especially if this thread is influenced in any way by Bambaataa's slime ball ass. 80's hip hop was soo much more than him and the Zulu Nation.

I do agree that a lot of us :flabbynsick: cats are hard on the younger generations, but that's only because we want y'all to carry on tradition and be great.

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
You can't disrespect the nikkas that started this shyt, breh. Especially if this thread is influenced in anyway by Bambaataa's slime ball ass. 80's hip hop was soo much more than him and the Zulu Nation.

I do agree that a lot of us :flabbynsick: cats are hard on the younger generations, but that's only because we want y'all to carry on tradition and be great.

I hear that.

I can't lie, the Bambatty shyt is what got me thinking. But what made me post this shyt is I always feel like older nikkas constantly expect us to be welcoming of their music just on principle, and think it's cool to shyt on current music just because.

It seems like a dumb double standard to me. Obviously, I'm kind of doing the same thing by making this thread, but you see my point I hope.

BigL187

MOPAO
Daps
Reppin
Märsta,Sweden
:mjlol:
1850575.jpg
1847782.jpg
2751141.jpg
1296603.jpg

is better than any album that dropped 10s
and dont hit me wit the :flabbynsick: bullshyt im 17

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
if you wasnt raised in the 80's, thread has no bearing.

Why's that? I was born in 92, but I appreciate a lot of older music even before the 80s.

I'm really big into the Blues. Tracing all the way back to the 60s and 50s. Just because it was around before I was born doesn't mean I can't weigh in on it today.