The 90s>10s>00s>>80s

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I hear that.

I can't lie, the Bambatty shyt is what got me thinking. But what made me post this shyt is I always feel like older nikkas constantly expect us to be welcoming of their music just on principle, and think it's cool to shyt on current music just because.

It seems like a dumb double standard to me. Obviously, I'm kind of doing the same thing by making this thread, but you see my point I hope.

It's the pecking order my nikka. We all went through it. 80's hip hop nikkas was picked on by 70's soul/funk/disco nikkas saying the shyt wasn't real music. 90's nikkas was picked on by 80's nikkas because the shyt got too gangsta and hip hop wasn't fun no more. 00's nikkas was picked on by 90's nikkas because producers stopped sampling, the South came up, and all cats was rhyming about was material shyt....so on and so forth. When you become a :flabbynsick: nikka, you're gonna do the same thing to the youngins coming up under you. Trust me :pachaha:

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This is clearly the best era for rap music. Also, fukk man city.
giphy.gif

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Why's that? I was born in 92, but I appreciate a lot of older music even before the 80s.

I'm really big into the Blues. Tracing all the way back to the 60s and 50s. Just because it was around before I was born doesn't mean I can't weigh in on it today.
I appreciate music in general, and its good you have a understanding of what you like.

Yet the climate of rap was completely diff than it is today and those strides and breakthrus that was made in the 80's are what enables rappers to do what they are doing today.

I mean rap was new in the late 70's and early 80's.

Its dated now, yet seeing it was THE new sound...shyt was profound to us.

Many youth really dont do the history and knowledge of 80's.

They just laud it off as it being dinosaur music..

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Sick of people putting the "Golden Era" of rappers on this pedestal. In the same token, I'm sick of people dismissing the 10s. We've seen plenty of dope artists and genre expansion in this decade.

I the 90s becuase was more hardcore and darker. I heard some darker music from GBE and Xavier wulf, but who else makes gutter grimey music these days?

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
00s > 10s GTFO of here

The blueprint / american gangster
The cool / f&l
everything kanye dropped
finding forever
Madvillain & Vaudevill villain
everything wayne dropped
Below the heavens
everything cudi & other new school people dropped