The 90s were a long time ago...

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
You ever watch a regular, mid budget film that was made and set in the late 90s recently? When you look at the environment, the scenes, the big booty TVs and flip phones being cutting edge tech, the clothing, the style and all of that it makes you realize exactly how much has shifted in the decades inbetween.

We truly are on the cusp of the future as a collective in this moment and that raw, dingy, grimy (that was leaps and bounds above the levels of the 80s with its harsh realities and aggressive content) aesthetic of the 90s is very unsanitized in comparison to now. Even things like people smoking inside bugged me out as it used to be so commonplace and now smoking in general is looked at like a relic. Interestingly it reminded me a lot of Demolition Man as that seems like a probable outcome to this path for the next stage of the Game with a very docile populace ruled by corporate interests that scared them into feeling safe.

Us 80s babies have lived through one of the most interesting shifts in the world and its crazy how primitive things seem when you contrast it to future tech like where your grandkids will have their iPhone embedded directly in their iris complete with neural links to the always on net.

The Game, mayne. The Game. It really is something else... And it has you, my friend. You just don't realize it yet.

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
When you look at the environment, the scenes, the big booty TVs and flip phones being cutting edge tech, the clothing, the style and all of that it makes you realize exactly how much has shifted in the decades inbetween.
:dead:

Remember you used to have to smack them joints on the side sometimes to get them to act right 🤣

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Being a 90s baby, this is so disturbing to think about. An entire era of music, clothing, tv, film, ways of life. It's all gone. It's as if it were a different planet. I think back on those days and it makes me sick to my stomach. Nostalgia isn't the word. There must be some stronger feeling of lost and remembrance most potent than nostalgia.

I feel like I'm lost. Stuck in the wrong time. Time is moving too fast and I wish it would slow down.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I remember traveling from Boston and New York and heading down South to visit my cousins in the A in the 90s.

I mind as well have gotten off of a space ship. We were at least 5 to 10 years ahead of them in trends (sorry my southern brehs...but that's just FACTS).

Now with the internet style is homogenous. Everyone looks the same. Kids on Tiktok dress the same as your average Coli breh.

That's what's hilarious about southerners making fun of NY'ers. If it wasn't for the internet ya'll would still be in the dark ages waiting on that cousin to put you on to what's poppin.

Boogie

Trade Garland
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Being a 90s baby, this is so disturbing to think about. An entire era of music, clothing, tv, film, ways of life. It's all gone. It's as if it were a different planet. I think back on those days and it makes me sick to my stomach. Nostalgia isn't the word. There must be some stronger feeling of lost and remembrance most potent than nostalgia.

I feel like I'm lost. Stuck in the wrong time. Time is moving too fast and I wish it would slow down.

94 baby checking in :to:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
:dead:

Remember you used to have to smack them joints on the side sometimes to get them to act right 🤣
when u had to rub that ass n get up under to find the coaxil n u rub it like a clit to make sure thats what it is :shaq::deadrose:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

Being a teenager in that era :wow: Them were some good times man

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Embrace the future

fry-disco.gif