The 90s were a long time ago...

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
You ever watch a regular, mid budget film that was made and set in the late 90s recently? When you look at the environment, the scenes, the big booty TVs and flip phones being cutting edge tech, the clothing, the style and all of that it makes you realize exactly how much has shifted in the decades inbetween.

We truly are on the cusp of the future as a collective in this moment and that raw, dingy, grimy (that was leaps and bounds above the levels of the 80s with its harsh realities and aggressive content) aesthetic of the 90s is very unsanitized in comparison to now. Even things like people smoking inside bugged me out as it used to be so commonplace and now smoking in general is looked at like a relic. Interestingly it reminded me a lot of Demolition Man as that seems like a probable outcome to this path for the next stage of the Game with a very docile populace ruled by corporate interests that scared them into feeling safe.

Us 80s babies have lived through one of the most interesting shifts in the world and its crazy how primitive things seem when you contrast it to future tech like where your grandkids will have their iPhone embedded directly in their iris complete with neural links to the always on net.

The Game, mayne. The Game. It really is something else... And it has you, my friend. You just don't realize it yet.
Watch this if you're genuinely perplexed OP and it'll make more sense

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Thread is partially correct.

Things like cars, TVs, computers clearly look ancient from the 90s,but alot of atuff is the same.

You can watch a movie like say Home Alone and not notice too much that seems old.

Altho, if cell phones existed, that movir never happes. Lol

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Thread is partially correct.

Things like cars, TVs, computers clearly look ancient from the 90s,but alot of atuff is the same.

You can watch a movie like say Home Alone and not notice too much that seems old.

Altho, if cell phones existed, that movir never happes. Lol
Cell phones existed then

Just super expensive

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Still can’t beat Mike Tyson, it’s the only NES game I can’t finish …. And I’ve been playing shyt twice a year since launch :dead:

Protip: The developers put in a hidden indicator in the background for each fight that lets the player know when you can instantly KO an opponent. For Tyson I think it’s a quick camera flash.