The ADD's Log: Build Back Better

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:blessed:

Alright brehs this mainly so I don't have to look in the mirror and :ufdup:

The quick back story:

Overweight most of my life, been as high as 260 with a lot of help here and just research decided to do something about it. Ran my ass and muscle off to get down to 170 but I was looking sickly. Started lifting two years ago and its been :ahh:. For good and bad I've picked up some gains that people have noticed but dat dysmorphia fukks with me.

My training is pretty solid. It's mainly upper and lower work 4 times a week with two dedicated days of cardio. Towards the end of the month I'm going to go 3 upper days two lower and add some afternoon LISS is since I will have a gym closer to my office.

Nutrition is my biggest hurdle, that damn premium ice cream. I stress eat as well. Either way I have experimented with IF (pretty solidly for a year plus), paleo and very low carb/damn near keto. My taste has altered to the point i really only want protein and veggies. I'm not afraid of carbs but plan to use them more for fuel than anything. My only requirements nutrition wise will be getting in 25-30 grams of protein 4 times a day when I lift. Everything else falls into place for me doing that with no need to count cals.

I'm not to worried about the scale. Checked in at 5'9, 200 this morning. Lost six pounds last week just from being supper busy at work. I had time to ony lift twice last week but I got my protein and water in so I don't think I think fell off to much.

i just want to get that drive and focus that i had when I first started this journey.

Headed to the gym now.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Off topic, but I somehow doubt you looked sickly at 170. It was probably a combination of being used to your puffy face and being shocked at it looking how it is supposed to look, and also fat people shaming you passive aggressively for losing weight.

I see it all the time on Facebook....people from past years who were overweight and lost a bunch, I see their pictures and I'm like :patrice:they don't look good. But its just my mind playing tricks on me.

That being said, I'm probably wrong and maybe you looked like a sunken faced walking stick:pachaha:

Subs for progress

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Subbed :smugfavre:

What are your big lifts at homme
Lost some reps from last week for certain but that was likely considering the circumstances.

Never really maxed out:

Deads, I don't have a set program but I think I could pull 350 on the hex for one.

The following I'm doing pyramids 2 reps down to 12 decreasing 10 pounds per set:

Bench, 225
Back Squats: 325
Front Squats: 235

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Off topic, but I somehow doubt you looked sickly at 170. It was probably a combination of being used to your puffy face and being shocked at it looking how it is supposed to look, and also fat people shaming you passive aggressively for losing weight.

I see it all the time on Facebook....people from past years who were overweight and lost a bunch, I see their pictures and I'm like :patrice:they don't look good. But its just my mind playing tricks on me.

That being said, I'm probably wrong and maybe you looked like a sunken faced walking stick:pachaha:

Subs for progress
Generally agree but that was 40-50 pounds of weight loss all cardio, not a weight touched :scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Subbed.

ijn30ZZ9JXvJv.gif

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Leg Day:

Knowing lost a little of my gains I'm going to be smart today but try to switch it up.

3x3 heavy back squats
3x3 heavy deads
Pyramid fronts
Single leg leg press
Accessory hammy work

Quick breakfast then 90 minute massage :blessed:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Leg Day:

Knowing lost a little of my gains I'm going to be smart today but try to switch it up.

3x3 heavy back squats
3x3 heavy deads
Pyramid fronts
Single leg leg press
Accessory hammy work

Quick breakfast then 90 minute massage :blessed:
Went

325 on back squats
325 on deads with an ugly 365 single (got light headed)
240 for the top of the pyramid
5 total plates for single leg
110 on standing machine leg curls.

Grinder of a workout, didn't eat enough yesterday.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Subs for progress
Depends on how fast it was lost and how. I've seen plenty of people that lost a lot of weight and had the saggy skin look going. It aged them like 10 years.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
A lot of high rep, super set type stuff today

Flat Bench and Band Push Ups
Stabilization Ball DB press and Band Push Ups
Incline Bench and Band Push Ups
Bent Over Row and Incline chest press
Seated Rows
15 minutes walking on the treadmill just to keep the blood flowing a little longer

Still not back to full strength, dragging a little.