Essential The Africa the Media Doesn't Tell You About

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
This. Democracy is very good once you've developed or you have the right institutions in place. For economic development, sometimes you need long term centralized power. Facts.

Look at China, Singapore and Rwanda. You need a single visions and sometimes a single government that can execute over the course of 10+ years. With 4 year democracies you're often left with short spurts governance and you have policy makers trying to stay in power/play politics instead of actually working.

Most African countries aren’t suited towards one party politburo politics. Nigeria, for example, would collapse into civil war if we attempted to do that. Babangida tried to fashion his dictatorship like that of Nasser in Egypt and that failed. Africa’s despots, by and large aren’t capable of strong one party dictatorship. Moreover, Rwanda is fragile and not a success story.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Most African countries aren’t suited towards one party politburo politics. Nigeria, for example, would collapse into civil war if we attempted to do that. Babangida tried to fashion his dictatorship like that of Nasser in Egypt and that failed. Africa’s despots, by and large aren’t capable of strong one party dictatorship. Moreover, Rwanda is fragile and not a success story.

The problem is the tribal identity inherent in African politics. Any strongman in power will be seen as the rule of "his people" and African dictators have done nothing to dispel this. They have facilitated the looting, nepotism and corruption perpetuated by their brethren. It's always "It's our turn to eat".

China is more than 90 percent Han...Singapore dominated by Chinese (75%)..S. Korea damn near all Korean. They don't have these problems. That's when you can fight over ideology.

Now try to have a permanent Kikuyu benevolent dictator in Kenya...or an eternal Hausa strongman in Nigeria.

Bloodbath at the end :ufdup:. Everyone wants their turn to eat

I mean you've seen what just happened in Ethiopia. You had Meles Zenawi with an iron grip on the country trying to do this Chinese model...guess what, the former regime is associated with Tigrays.. Tigray generals running everything and now Tigrays had to retreat back to their enclave with mad weapons to feel safe.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
In a dream world, maybe. Russians and Germans, two tribes of whites, killed 20 million of each other in 2 global conflicts.
Yea while approximately 2/3rds of the world was under THEIR control. :heh:And Russians/other Slavs were considered a mut race by Europeans at that time.

Dream world my ass, lol. Like I said racial identity is superior to tribal/ethnic identity. Which is ONE reason why the Europeans/West have been on top.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Yea while approximately 2/3rds of the world was under THEIR control. :heh:And Russians/other Slavs were considered a mut race by Europeans at that time.

Dream world my ass, lol. Like I said racial identity is superior to tribal/ethnic identity. Which is ONE reason why the Europeans/West have been on top.

Slavs, like the Russians, were considered whites by most racists at the turn of the 20th century and today. Hitler’s ‘theories’ on Slavs were created to justify Lebensraum. It’s an aberration.

Europeans didn’t band together to take over the world. In fact, Russians and Ukrainians are killing each other as we speak. Racial identity isn’t stronger than ethnic or national identity.

American history isn’t reflective of the rest of the world.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Slavs, like the Russians, were considered whites by most racists at the turn of the 20th century and today. Hitler’s ‘theories’ on Slavs were created to justify Lebensraum. It’s an aberration.
Where? Slavs were always considered lower class whites.

Europeans didn’t band together to take over the world. In fact, Russians and Ukrainians are killing each other as we speak. Racial identity isn’t stronger than ethnic or national identity.
Oh really?
Berlin Conference - Wikipedia

No one is arguing that Europeans dont squabble but fact is they knew it was best to oppress non-Europeans based on "race" and hoard the resources for themselves. As for Russians vs Ukrainians is more Russians trying to enforce dominance.

American history isn’t reflective of the rest of the world.

Who said anything about American history?:heh: European racial identity predates American history by centuries.

Not only that you bring up World Wars when prior to that period European powers were colonizing 2/3rds of the world based on RACE. And racial science was used to justify it. Heck even DURING WW2 most non-Europeans were oppressed. Like I said it was just squabbles for spoils.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Where? Slavs were always considered lower class whites.

Oh really?
Berlin Conference - Wikipedia

No one is arguing that Europeans dont squabble but fact is they knew it was best to oppress non-Europeans based on "race" and hoard the resources for themselves. As for Russians vs Ukrainians is more Russians trying to enforce dominance.

Who said anything about American history?:heh: European racial identity predates American history by centuries.

Not only that you bring up World Wars when prior to that period European powers were colonizing 2/3rds of the world based on RACE. And racial science was used to justify it. Heck even DURING WW2 most non-Europeans were oppressed. Like I said it was just squabbles for spoils.

World Wars aren’t squabbles.

A lot of Americans view the world through racial terms which isn’t true for everyone else on Earth. Ethnicity and tribe has always come first. This is why Europeans and other groups of races have always been willing to kill each other on a mass scale despite any supposed racial solidarity.

The Berlin Conference was meant to prevent another Franco Prussian type of war breaking out in Africa over African territory. That still didn’t stop Europeans from fighting each other over African territory in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
World Wars aren’t squabbles.
For resources/dominance? Yes they were especially world war 1. World war 2 was basically about Germany losing its territories and being screwed by other European powers. Either way like I said half the world's population was oppressed under them.

A lot of Americans view the world through racial terms which isn’t true for everyone else on Earth. Ethnicity and tribe has always come first. This is why Europeans and other groups of races have always been willing to kill each other on a mass scale despite any supposed racial solidarity.
You keep bringing up Americans when no one mentioned them. Yea it maybe true for the rest of the world but NOT the West. Yeah ethnicity/tribe may come first with Europeans when there are NO non-Europeans around. Again, no one one is denying Europeans fighting among themselves but non-Europeans were NOT about of these fights.

Either way Europeans aren't even killing themselves like that. Heck why do you think the European Union exist? NATO? And also this?
EU to migrants: Go home and stay home

Fact is European identity has morphed into a racial one. And if you want to bring up "American view", then fact is America dominates the global politics.

The Berlin Conference was meant to prevent another Franco Prussian type of war breaking out in Africa over African territory. That still didn’t stop Europeans from fighting each other over African territory in the 19th and 20th centuries.

AKA a way for Europeans to unite. And like I said squabbles. Meanwhile, the majority of non-Europeans were colonized based off pseudo-racial science as an excuse.

Like I said if racial identity is not superior then can someone explain why the majority of the world's capital is in the hands of Europeans/whites? I.e the global north? You can bring up European infighting but it doesn't explain away why they get on code against non-Europeans.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
For resources/dominance? Yes they were especially world war 1. World war 2 was basically about Germany losing its territories and being screwed by other European powers. Either way like I said half the world's population was oppressed under them.

You keep bringing up Americans when no one mentioned them. Yea it maybe true for the rest of the world but NOT the West. Yeah ethnicity/tribe may come first with Europeans when there are NO non-Europeans around. Again, no one one is denying Europeans fighting among themselves but non-Europeans were NOT about of these fights.

Either way Europeans aren't even killing themselves like that. Heck why do you think the European Union exist? NATO? And also this?
EU to migrants: Go home and stay home

Fact is European identity has morphed into a racial one. And if you want to bring up "American view", then fact is America dominates the global politics.

AKA a way for Europeans to unite. And like I said squabbles. Meanwhile, the majority of non-Europeans were colonized based off pseudo-racial science as an excuse.

Like I said if racial identity is not superior then can someone explain why the majority of the world's capital is in the hands of Europeans/whites? I.e the global north? You can bring up European infighting but it doesn't explain away why they get on code against non-Europeans.

I’ll post a thoughtful response to this in a few hours. Need to get errands done. I think your arguments have merit but history hasn’t shown racial solidarity to have existed in the way you’ve described it as being - yet.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I’ll post a thoughtful response to this in a few hours. Need to get errands done. I think your arguments have merit but history hasn’t shown racial solidarity to have existed in the way you’ve described it as being - yet.
Never said it was perfect. But its certainly evolving that way based on how Europeans have been practicing it.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
@Diasporan Royalty - maybe we should move this to another thread I have the following thoughts:

1) Squabbles, global conflicts. Not really an exercise in semantics. These were titanic struggles, largely between European ethnic groups to determine global domination - leading to the destruction of European potency, save for the Soviet Union (largely a Russian project) and America (a culturally Anglo-White project).

2) The EU was a consequence of those aforementioned global conflicts stemming out of European ethnic rivalries (largely between the Germans and the French). Still, that project is wavering because of inter-ethnic disputes between major counties like the UK (who left the EU!), Italy and indeed France. The EU is a unique moment in European which is weakening before our eyes due to intra white hostilities (ex. Slavic migration, largely Polish, into the UK). Europeans will always be at each other’s throats, especially this century as ethnic nationalism rises once more. It is their way.

That indicates to me that ethnic identity are far stronger than racial ones, even with relatively few non-white foes threatening Europe!

3) A lot of the worlds capital is in Europe because of imperialism. But rival European imperialisms sparked many war between whites, to this very day (ex. Russia and its near abroad). That’s not due to a white gang up on the world. France didn’t have to join forces with Germany to seize African territories, but they did have sign agreements with Germany to prevent a clash of imperialisms - that ultimately failed. Twice!

4) re: on code

Whites don’t act on-code and have been willing to sabotage efforts of European imperialisms because ethnic rivalries are a more tangible threat. America sabotaging Suez. America sabotaging the USSR in Afghanistan. Britain and France playing musical chairs to help Haitian rebels in the 19th century. Russia selling modern guns to Menelik II so Italy couldn’t conquer Ethiopia etc. etc.