The African Traditional And Diasporic Religions Thread (Santeria, IFA, 21 Divisions, Sanse + etc)

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Peace to everyone in the thread.

I'm trying to do some personal research in to the Gullah Geeche culture and their connection to African Spirituality. When I was in SC I noticed several spiritual similarities to their traditions and Santeria. Anyone know of any books I can look at?

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc

I'm trying to do some personal research in to the Gullah Geeche culture and their connection to African Spirituality. When I was in SC I noticed several spiritual similarities to their traditions and Santeria. Anyone know of any books I can look at?
right now i have africanisms in the gullah dialect by Lorenzo Turner. It has a lot of, obviously, terms that are in gullah that are from the continent. I bought it right when my son was born a couple months ago so I haven't got to reading it properly because this infant stuff is difficult. I really like the book. It is a foundational book for understanding historically-our speech patterns and grammar that lead to the concretization of AAVE/Ebonics.

because of my book im too tired to compile all the books that are on the tip of my tongue with it but honestly taking that query you have gullah and african sprituality should yield a bunch of books on amazon. be weary of the "septum piercers", they've gotten deep in the space and muddied the waters.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
right now i have africanisms in the gullah dialect by Lorenzo Turner. It has a lot of, obviously, terms that are in gullah that are from the continent. I bought it right when my son was born a couple months ago so I haven't got to reading it properly because this infant stuff is difficult. I really like the book. It is a foundational book for understanding historically-our speech patterns and grammar that lead to the concretization of AAVE/Ebonics.

because of my book im too tired to compile all the books that are on the tip of my tongue with it but honestly taking that query you have gullah and african sprituality should yield a bunch of books on amazon. be weary of the "septum piercers", they've gotten deep in the space and muddied the waters.
That is unfortunate. I come from an occult and African spiritual lineage so I'll try to keep an eye out for the bullshyt.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

Since my bloodline is deep into that stuff and a lot of people low-key in SC and GA that I know for a fact are deep in Hoodoo and Vodou and hide behind Protestantism.

Instead of the book, I got access to the source. I'm trying to be initiated and follow in my paternal side footsteps. I like listening to my elders and ancestors and didn't know a lot of ish was that deep, but yeah. :whoa:

My dad his could see and describe spirits in detail and knew a man who could conjure up spirits in the graveyard and make them speak. :damn:

People talk about about Louisiana, but I know for a fact that down here in the Carolinas and Low country Georgia got that good old conjurer ish. It helped some our ancestors here in slave rebellions they don't discuss in school.