The Astrology Thread

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I been trying to interpret this aspect for the longest time in my own chart but finding it hard to work with the energies appropriately till quite recently.

Mars (intercepted in Aries - 1st house) quincunx Pluto (in Scorpio - 8th house, hence the username)

shyt explains so much but still so much to learn.....

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
how do I use my astrologic profile to enhance my life and better understand myself? :sadcam:

I never got a chance to reply to this....

Best thing I can say is do as much research as you can about signs, houses and planets. All of these will combine in your chart. Like for example, I'll use what I've been trying to go over in my chart. I've got a complicated Mars. Mars is the traditionally masculine planet, represents war, aggression, action, sex, athleticism etc. It's the natural ruler of Aries, and originally Scorpio too (Pluto is now Scorpio's ruler). Now, in lieu of that, Mars represents all of those particular things in everyone's chart. In some women's chart, it can signify what kind of man they are interested in.

Mars is expressed differently in each sign and house. In terms of signs, it's expression is at it's strongest in Aries, Scorpio and Capricorn, and at it's weakest in Cancer and Libra. That's not to say that you will have a weak Mars overall, it will just be expressed in a way that's not typically Mars-like. Mars in Cancer will tend to be more emotionally driven when it comes to all Mars represents, Mars in Libra will be more diplomatic and balanced, which will dissipate much of that Martian energy.
When you become acquainted with the energy of the planet, you'll know how to best express it to get what you need out of life.

In my chart, Mars is in it's strongest sign of Aries and strongest house (the 1st house). However, it is afflicted by bad aspects to Venus, Neptune and Pluto, and also intercepted within the 1st house (meaning, Aries has no cusp in my chart so it's energy is swallowed). Mars square Venus indicates a struggle to merge the energies between Mars and Venus (feminine planet that rules beauty, love, appreciation of art, senses, food etc and rules Taurus and Libra). This has played out in my awkwardness in dating, but apparently it also signifies sex appeal so go figure :russ:

The main problem is that Mars makes an awkward quincunx aspect to Pluto, which is also in it's strongest sign and strongest house (Scorpio, 8th house). Pluto's energies are very dark, they're all about the taboo, the dark side of sex, transformation, regeneration and joint financial matters. Mars in aspect to Pluto brings about forceful, masculine energy that can be dangerous if left festered or not channeled appropriately. It can also bring about great strength and willpower, both physical and mental, and there would need to be a physical activity that exercises it as well as a conscious look at how I'm relating to people and asserting myself as a person.

I've started putting that energy to good use by joining a gym and starting a heavy lifting program. Since then, I've began to feel more fulfilled in that regard, and am looking to add more activities to activate this side of myself. As far as Mars and Venus, I've actively started using the aspect creatively by taking more care of my appearance, and finding appropriate ways to expound my sexual energy (I've decided to use music and writing) as well as embrace both masculine and feminine qualities of my Mars and Venus signs equally.

I'll try and explain more at another time also, but if you can read about your individual aspects and placements in your chart, you can get a better idea of how to work out your energy. If you can post some of them here, I'd be happy to come up with ways to express the energy in your chart better.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I never got a chance to reply to this....

Best thing I can say is do as much research as you can about signs, houses and planets. All of these will combine in your chart. Like for example, I'll use what I've been trying to go over in my chart. I've got a complicated Mars. Mars is the traditionally masculine planet, represents war, aggression, action, sex, athleticism etc. It's the natural ruler of Aries, and originally Scorpio too (Pluto is now Scorpio's ruler). Now, in lieu of that, Mars represents all of those particular things in everyone's chart. In some women's chart, it can signify what kind of man they are interested in.

Mars is expressed differently in each sign and house. In terms of signs, it's expression is at it's strongest in Aries, Scorpio and Capricorn, and at it's weakest in Cancer and Libra. That's not to say that you will have a weak Mars overall, it will just be expressed in a way that's not typically Mars-like. Mars in Cancer will tend to be more emotionally driven when it comes to all Mars represents, Mars in Libra will be more diplomatic and balanced, which will dissipate much of that Martian energy.
When you become acquainted with the energy of the planet, you'll know how to best express it to get what you need out of life.

In my chart, Mars is in it's strongest sign of Aries and strongest house (the 1st house). However, it is afflicted by bad aspects to Venus, Neptune and Pluto, and also intercepted within the 1st house (meaning, Aries has no cusp in my chart so it's energy is swallowed). Mars square Venus indicates a struggle to merge the energies between Mars and Venus (feminine planet that rules beauty, love, appreciation of art, senses, food etc and rules Taurus and Libra). This has played out in my awkwardness in dating, but apparently it also signifies sex appeal so go figure :russ:

The main problem is that Mars makes an awkward quincunx aspect to Pluto, which is also in it's strongest sign and strongest house (Scorpio, 8th house). Pluto's energies are very dark, they're all about the taboo, the dark side of sex, transformation, regeneration and joint financial matters. Mars in aspect to Pluto brings about forceful, masculine energy that can be dangerous if left festered or not channeled appropriately. It can also bring about great strength and willpower, both physical and mental, and there would need to be a physical activity that exercises it as well as a conscious look at how I'm relating to people and asserting myself as a person.

I've started putting that energy to good use by joining a gym and starting a heavy lifting program. Since then, I've began to feel more fulfilled in that regard, and am looking to add more activities to activate this side of myself. As far as Mars and Venus, I've actively started using the aspect creatively by taking more care of my appearance, and finding appropriate ways to expound my sexual energy (I've decided to use music and writing) as well as embrace both masculine and feminine qualities of my Mars and Venus signs equally.

I'll try and explain more at another time also, but if you can read about your individual aspects and placements in your chart, you can get a better idea of how to work out your energy. If you can post some of them here, I'd be happy to come up with ways to express the energy in your chart better.
:wow: that was amazing

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
My Mars is in Aries which is why I love dominate, assertive masculine men. Weak whiny men turn me off. My descendent is Pisces so I am attracted to them but we never really get too far. They are too passive to really stimulate my Mars in Aries. My venus is in Virgo so for some reason I always try to help, build or fix the guys that Im in relationships with. That's how I show my love, by serving and being supportive, submissive. It works well with Mars in Aries. One bad side of Virgo influence is that I can be a bit of a nag.

On another note. I trained a new girl at my job. She's also from NYC. We hit it off and talked all day. Come to find out, she's a Gemini too! I'm on the 8th of June and she's on the 14.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
My Mars is in Aries which is why I love dominate, assertive masculine men. Weak whiny men turn me off. My descendent is Pisces so I am attracted to them but we never really get too far. They are too passive to really stimulate my Mars in Aries. My venus is in Virgo so for some reason I always try to help, build or fix the guys that Im in relationships with. That's how I show my love, by serving and being supportive, submissive. It works well with Mars in Aries. One bad side of Virgo influence is that I can be a bit of a nag.

On another note. I trained a new girl at my job. She's also from NYC. We hit it off and talked all day. Come to find out, she's a Gemini too! I'm on the 8th of June and she's on the 14.
That's one thing I forgot to say about my mars in aries - its retrograde too :mjcry:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Bump: interest rekindled.
So I went to the bookstore the other day, and the astrology sections was crammed into New Age. The shelf was mostly full of Tarot and Wiccan books. Those that were astrology based were just about horoscopes. Damn shame.

So I use this compatibility chart, for shyts and giggles but it's been a pretty good basic guage. The man that I married in my youth was a 91%.

The guy I am dating now is 76% which is pretty good, considering you don't always want 100% because with 100% positive aspects that might just be your twin lol, or depending on your chart, you might get bored of always getting along. There's rarely any excitement or lessons to learn from the relationship.

I was seeing another dude, well we had one date, now things are developing with the other. I checked just to see if I should date tall dude some more, we had like a 35%. We'll have date number two and see how it goes.

So far 76% dude and I are getting along great. We connect on múltiple levels and I see potential areas where we can help each other to grow. Basic economics lol.

Without further ado...
Compatibility Rating Tool - Rate Your Relationship!

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Rising Sign is in 25 Degrees Cancer
Very sensitive by nature, you prefer to be in your own familiar surroundings. Cautious and conservative, you make changes in your life only very slowly, if at all. You do not open up easily to strangers. Friendships are made for life, however -- once given, your trust is forever. Your mother, your home as a child and your early family life in general are very important to you. You are also very sentimental. When you feel self- confident, you are gentle, giving and protective of the needs of others. But when you feel insecure or threatened, you become overly sensitive to criticism, shy, withdrawn and moody. You have a strong need for security -- in the sense that you are being loved, nourished and protected.

Sun is in 16 Degrees Aries.
By nature, you are very energetic and high-spirited. You are fiercely independent -- you must be first in everything you do, and you enjoy taking risks. You are the one who will rush in where angels fear to tread. Quite brilliant at initiating new projects, you are terrible at following them through to completion. You are an enthusiastic leader but you tend to be a reluctant follower. Often you are quick to anger, but you usually recover just as fast, regretting later things you said when you were upset. One of your best traits is that you are simple and direct, blunt and honest -- just be careful you do not hurt others' feelings. Your need to be competitive at all costs may provoke resistance from others, but, as long as you maintain your usual Sunny good humor, this should not prove to be a major problem for you.

Moon is in 25 Degrees Virgo.
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.

Mercury is in 11 Degrees Aries.
Very quick-witted, you are known for being an independent thinker. You love to debate and argue, and are excellent at repartee and battles of wits. At times, however, you act too fast on hastily formed opinions and thus waste a lot of energy defending your rash and sometimes incorrect conclusions. It is perfectly acceptable for you to defend your beliefs with your usual vigor, but try not to take the opinions of others as personal insults.

Venus is in 00 Degrees Pisces.
You have a dreamy, fanciful, romantic nature and a very creative imagination. Indeed, at times, your private fantasies are more appealing than the reality around you and it is difficult for you to leave them. You tend to be unselfish and giving in relationships and are extremely sensitive of the needs of others. Be very sure that those you help are worthy of your devotion and are not merely taking advantage of your innocence and naivete.

Mars is in 07 Degrees Libra.
You are very aware of the need to cooperate with others in order to further any effort. You are usually willing to compromise with others, although you can be quite competitive in a friendly way. Very fair- minded and impartial, you have the ability to sense injustice and the desire to take corrective actions to make proper compensations. You see both sides of issues and questions, but you tend to be undecided or wavering when forced to make choices that might make you vulnerable or unpopular.

Jupiter is in 07 Degrees Scorpio.
You love to dig deep beneath surface appearances in order to find out what is really happening. A persistent researcher, you are very interested in the psychology of any situation. You tend to become overwhelmed by the complexity of what you uncover, however, and that makes you a bit gun-shy about explaining things to others. But you must learn to try to communicate as best you can because what you know is really very valuable to others.

Saturn is in 19 Degrees Libra.
Although you take quite a while to make decisions, you usually consider all sides to a question, all the pros and cons, and the solution you come up with is very often the correct one. You tend to be very reserved and shy, but, once you make a commitment to someone (in either a business or personal relationship), the partnership is forever. You have a strong sense of justice and fair play and greatly respect the laws and institutions by which you are governed. As such, you are outraged when others break laws or show contempt for authority.

Uranus is in 04 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 27 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 25 Degrees Libra.
For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 18 Degrees Cancer.
You genuinely enjoy meeting other people, but you're at your best if you can do so from the comfort of your own home. You prefer others to come to you and tend to feel uncomfortable about leaving your home or neighborhood for any extended period of time. Those who do come in contact with you are struck by your caring and obliging nature -- you really make them feel at home. You form the closest ties, however, with members of your immediate family, especially your parents and children. You're at your best attending or organizing family reunions!

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Ugh i found a site that described me to a T when I entered all my info but i cant remember what it was:mjcry: