The Bahamas is an overrated vacation if you ask me.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i have a lodge brother from nassau and hes such a knucklehead he makes me feel like its no less hood than where im from... turned me off from wanting to go...

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
it is overrated however you can find cheap cruises to bahamas, and its not far to travel

cuba (to bad americans), dr, panama>>>>>>bahamas

Cruises take you right to the "typical" over run tourist spots.

Check the out islands ... Not where 95% of people go
The Out Islands of The Bahamas | Bahamas Vacations

But even so I stay cruising can't beat them deals....

i have a lodge brother from nassau and hes such a knucklehead he makes me feel like its no less hood than where im from... turned me off from wanting to go...
Nassau is hood ... Some parts are bad.

MarciknoW

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
how did i miss this thread :ohhh:

but as a Bahamian i came in here to tell OP :ufdup:

like @Kalik said on the first page if you truly want the best "Bahamian" experience you have to travel to one of the other major islands...Tourism is our main industry so there is a heavy emphasis on giving tourists the best treatment they can ever imagine :blessed:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Cruises take you right to the "typical" over run tourist spots.

Check the out islands ... Not where 95% of people go
The Out Islands of The Bahamas | Bahamas Vacations

But even so I stay cruising can't beat them deals....

Nassau is hood ... Some parts are bad.

breh i know that, what i meant is to me as a whole bahamas is overrated, but nothing can beat in terms of price and convenience like a 3 day cruise to bahamas, ive been around the island and its :ehh: to me

Mac

Ready for the Beach #Summer2k16
Daps
Reppin
Pretty af.
You went to Paradise Island, that's not Nassau proper (which is also touristy but more 90s). Nassau is getting more tourist friendly like Atlantis because they are building Baha-Mar a mega resort on the west end of the island where Cable Beach is. We have 700 islands and cays. You went to Vegas and expected Colorado... (Nassau/Paradise Island = vegas)

If you want an Island experience research where you going.

Look up Harbor Island, Eleuthera, Exuma, Long Island, ....

Harbour Island Bahamas - Harbor Island - Briland Eleuthera
Bahamas Hotel Resort - Long Island Beach Resorts
Eleuthera Bahamas (Eluthera Eleuthra) Map, Rentals and Hotels

Yes its expensive our $1 is on par with USA. Again research,if you wanted to spend more youd go to DR or Cuba.

When me and my girl go we ditch the tourists spots and :eat: for da low, and thats in Nassau. We just went last month on a 3 day cruise from Miami, spent 1 day in Nassau and went to Freedom farms which is an organic outside dining spot, that sells Atlantis all the organic food and veggies. (They cant import it all by law). They went by Fish Fry for daiquiris until the cruise ship was ready to leave.

Again when visiting a spot hang with a local.

-------------------

For off the beaten path, we have at least 20 islands... Bimini, Exuma, Eleuthera, Andros, Mayaguana, Long Island, Rum Cay, Inagua, San Salvador etc etc

Put it this way Nassau is 21milesx7miles and has 300,000 locals. Long Island is 80milesx3miles and has 5000 locals

This link has the other islands ---> The Official Site of The Bahamas | It's Better In The Bahamas

:salute: Thanks for the lesson. I just left and will be going back soon for a wedding. As well as, visiting fam... Mad I missed the regatta though

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
breh i know that, what i meant is to me as a whole bahamas is overrated, but nothing can beat in terms of price and convenience like a 3 day cruise to bahamas, ive been around the island and its :ehh: to me

Thats what Im saying Reincar the cruise ships to go to two islands, either Freeport or Nassau...

Nassau is a city.. with tourists spots on the west end and north side.

But it's like so many more islands to go to. It's like a tourist visiting America going to Las Vegas, and saying they hate the beauty in Colorado, and its overrated