The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Watched the first 5 episodes, they did it again :wow:

I enjoy Claire. What can I say they're pulling off the "mystical" Love interest angle :skip: . She did a similar role in Ramy

speaking of ramy, I see he directed episode 4 of season 2 of this.

I hope his show comes back as well. it's low key dope.

no surprised, that dude who created the bear is also one of the executive producers on the bear.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Finally finished the season. I'm late not because I disliked the season, just life shyt lol. But man, this season was perfect. Top tier television across the board. I said it already but it's worth doing again: the black characters in this show, and they way they are handled, is so refreshing. So glad to see Robert Townsend was in more than one episode. Seeing a supportive, strong black father on television...on a prominent show. Beautiful.

The last five episodes were stunning. Starting with the Christmas episode, which I didn't think they could possibly top. Yet each episode after that kept upping the dramatic excellence. I loved Ritchie's arc. His growth as a character felt consistent and paid off so well. I love how Carmie was fukking up all season yet the one thing he nailed was putting all his people in position to win. Getting them the training they needed, picking exactly where everyone needed to go, and making it happen.

Man that Steve Bartman reference really makes you think about the finale. To me, I saw it play out two ways - one good, one bad. First off if that opening night had failed, like it looked like it would, Carmie would be Bartman. Our top chef got locked in the freezer so we fukked up. In truth they would have failed because they didn't stick to their roles and trust the system. They nailed it. And in the example example, Claire is Bartman. She gets blamed for taking Carm's eye off the ball when in reality it was all him. Inattentiveness, not focusing, not following through. Even wilder when he has a knack for managing. He knows who is good with what, yet couldn't delegate enough to free himself up to be more clear headed.

Just a brilliant season, man. I fukk with all these characters. Even Nat's weird boyfriend lmao. That scene he had with their mom in the finale? Incredible. Just a sincere, lame guy who wants to do the right thing but doesn't always know how.