The Chase For The Real Stanley Cup: 2024 Cup Playoffs Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Helluva bounce back by Colorado. That Nich suspension right before game four deflated them. I thought they were done after that.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Shesterkin was the difference. He made big saves in that 3rd period. Andersen allowing that 1st Kreider goal was the turning point. That can’t go in and don’t get RBA insistence on starting him when he was shaky all series.
Maaaan, the earth must've moved bout fiftyleven times cause boy carolina had them chances!

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
What a comeback by my Rangers! :blessed:

They better tighten up, though, because Florida (or Boston) aren't anything to play with :ufdup:

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Shesterkin was the difference. He made big saves in that 3rd period. Andersen allowing that 1st Kreider goal was the turning point. That can’t go in and don’t get RBA insistence on starting him when he was shaky all series.
Special needs and Goaltending were ultimately the difference in this series. Rangers powerplay scoring >>> Carolina powerplay scoring. Igor kept the rags in the series and gave his team a chance to win, Andersen didn’t.

Canes need game breakers on offense. They need pure goalscorers and new improved goaltending.
Never in doubt :steviej:
Igor shesterskin >>>> overrated choker Freddy Andersen who gives up bad untimely goals at the wrong time. Anderse is a regular season goalie at this point. He will make many routine saves but won’t make the clutch/key ones a team needs.

Two ECF appearances in 3 seasons for the NYR. Impressive. Imagine a Boston-NY eastern conference finals in both leagues (NBA and NHL)

We might see the same scenario in the west, if both the Dallas mavericks and the Dallas stars both advance to the WCF. Three cities playing conference final games in both leagues at the same time. I forgot the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets could both advance to the WCF at the same time too.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

That is a fukking outrageous charging call on Pettersson. Are these refs fukking serious?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
james-brown.gif

Jimothy Timothy Miller and Sneaky Petey.

This is the best Pettersson has looked in a while. Petey looked like he had a new lease on life without that scrub Mikheyev on his line.

Daps
Special needs and Goaltending were ultimately the difference in this series. Rangers powerplay scoring >>> Carolina powerplay scoring. Igor kept the rags in the series and gave his team a chance to win, Andersen didn’t.

Canes need game breakers on offense. They need pure goalscorers and new improved goaltending.

Igor shesterskin >>>> overrated choker Freddy Andersen who gives up bad untimely goals at the wrong time. Anderse is a regular season goalie at this point. He will make many routine saves but won’t make the clutch/key ones a team needs.

Two ECF appearances in 3 seasons for the NYR. Impressive. Imagine a Boston-NY eastern conference finals in both leagues (NBA and NHL)

We might see the same scenario in hhe west, if both the Dallas mavericks and the Dallas stars both advance to the WCF. Three cities playing conference final games in both leagues at the same time. I forgot the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets could both advance to the WCF at the same time too.
My in-laws are from NY and NJ and love the Rangers & Knicks while my family is all Dallas sports fans.

The epic trash talk if we could get a Mavs vs. Knicks NBA Finals plus a Stars vs Rangers Stanley Cup Finals would be glorious.

Even better is my own damn boss is from up in the northeast and supports all the Boston teams. Huge Bruins/Celtics/Sox fan (he likes the Pats but isn't a diehard football guy). Him and I gon have some side wagers going if we get Boston vs Dallas x 2.