The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yea, he has to be like 18-20. His mom said he’s not that much older than Coogie who was 16, yet his dad is done paying child support for him.

I THOUGHT HIS FATHER WAS STILL PAYING SUPPORT
WHICH IS WHY HE VISITED THE MOTHER
WHEN HE STARTED STAYING WITH HIM.

:devil:
:evil:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
That detective heaux hate hood nikkas so much cuz she let her son turn into one. :lolbron: .

Emmitt gon' be one of those nikkas who snitch cuz out since he kniw he can't beat his ass. Seen that plenty of times in my school days. Gym teacher smashing a student then the nikkas her age who was smashing start getting loose lips cuz they salty (they aint doing that shyt out of a sense of morality) and the teacher get hemmed up (rightfully so). Still, I don't care shyt about Keisha's character or Emmitt's storyline (right now) so it's all falling kinda flat for me even if it is portraying some real life ish.

This nikka Brandon gotta be one of the most dense nikkas who grew up in the type of environment he did ever. U aint gotta be a hood nikka to pick up on hood shyt or pick up on when shyt feel funny. Not to mention, multiple people done tried to tell you about brah at this point. Mafukka just come outta nowhere and slap you with 50K and a 75K truck and the gang stop pushin up on you and you think its sweet all of a sudden :martin:

That Detective flashback was :trash::trash::trash:

The other detective may not even deserve her title being that she can't even pick up on body language :huhldup:

Ronnie :trash:

Ronnie & Emmitt's mom :trash: .

Have a hard time believing someone like her would fall for his bum ass. The trying to get some "old thing" dikk from an ex, cool. This right here? Nah.

In any case, I will never not laugh at the simpleton ass nikkas who tried to say this shyt was on the level of The Wire when it first dropped. :snoop: . nikkas swear any show that come out with a sound amount of black casting and has cops and/or a hood/drug element is automatically Wire status like that shyt aint got way more nuanced storytelling to it, and thats just for starters.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Have a hard time believing someone like her would fall for his bum ass. The trying to get some "old thing" dikk from an ex, cool. This right here? Nah.

In any case, I will never not laugh at the simpleton ass nikkas who tried to say this shyt was on the level of The Wire when it first dropped. :snoop: . nikkas swear any show that come out with a sound amount of black casting and has cops and/or a hood/drug element is automatically Wire status like that shyt aint got way more nuanced storytelling to it, and thats just for starters.

The only thing I can see being “better” is if they drop/lessen the drug storylines and beef up the kids, like the DCFS storyline and their relationships with their parents. Can’t help but draw the Wire comparisons given it has all the elements-drugs, inner city, addiction, crime, etc.

I’m shocked Lena Waither didn’t just try to do a legitimate coming of age story with the youngins, the writing is all over the place with too many main characters but few plots and rushing through the few kerfluffles the characters actually get into. Like how you gonna resolve a boot with tacos?

I don’t mind Ronnie, it’s a story about addiction and redemption however boring, it needs to be tighter for sure though. Maybe have him start working for Reg or see another weird effed up thing that drives him back on the wagon or getting mixed up with that cop again/outed as a CI?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The only thing I can see being “better” is if they drop/lessen the drug storylines and beef up the kids, like the DCFS storyline and their relationships with their parents. Can’t help but draw the Wire comparisons given it has all the elements-drugs, inner city, addiction, crime, etc.

I’m shocked Lena Waither didn’t just try to do a legitimate coming of age story with the youngins, the writing is all over the place with too many main characters but few plots and rushing through the few kerfluffles the characters actually get into. Like how you gonna resolve a boot with tacos?

I don’t mind Ronnie, it’s a story about addiction and redemption however boring, it needs to be tighter for sure though. Maybe have him start working for Reg or see another weird effed up thing that drives him back on the wagon or getting mixed up with that cop again/outed as a CI?
I agree with the kids. That’s what I would pivot to, but I doubt it’s happening

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Why are people tripping about Toussaint?

It's being established she's overzealous.

She taking shyt personal because her son being involved with dirt.

The type of criminal she thinks Brandon is , is the type she prolly blames for her song getting mixed up in gangs.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

I THOUGHT HIS FATHER WAS STILL PAYING SUPPORT
WHICH IS WHY HE VISITED THE MOTHER
WHEN HE STARTED STAYING WITH HIM.

:devil:
:evil:

Nah, he said something to the effect of that chapter being done when he first was living with him.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I know why she was pissed, she took off work sure but even more directly then that the answer was NO and that there was no housing available for her. However Jerrika's intentions were pure and she wanted to try to provide an alternative opportunity and express empathy. It goes along with the old adage, no good deed goes unpunished.

As for Ronnie, look at him from his perspective. Your son who you loved and who had a bright future in basketball was murdered in cold blood and you see someone who you may have perceived to be some street dude wearing his chain that you bought. Some others in his shoes would have killed Cooglie too because you no longer look at him as a child but as the murderer of your son who you are grieving. Only after did he find out that Coogle didn't kill his boy.

With that being said, shut the fukk up JACKASS!

- You don't call a struggling woman in for lunch, getting her hopes up just to let her down. That's insensitive af. It could have been handled with a phone call.

- You don't jump the gun and kill suspects. I don't care how much you are grieving. Suspects are not killers.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This dude Jason must got some demons he gotta work out..dude to short and chubby and unimposing and then you find out he on that :mjlit: getting frisky with broads.

I think he'll get another chance somewhere down the line..maybe he needed thia humbling:patrice:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
That detective heaux hate hood nikkas so much cuz she let her son turn into one. :lolbron: .

Emmitt gon' be one of those nikkas who snitch cuz out since he kniw he can't beat his ass. Seen that plenty of times in my school days. Gym teacher smashing a student then the nikkas her age who was smashing start getting loose lips cuz they salty (they aint doing that shyt out of a sense of morality) and the teacher get hemmed up (rightfully so). Still, I don't care shyt about Keisha's character or Emmitt's storyline (right now) so it's all falling kinda flat for me even if it is portraying some real life ish.

This nikka Brandon gotta be one of the most dense nikkas who grew up in the type of environment he did ever. U aint gotta be a hood nikka to pick up on hood shyt or pick up on when shyt feel funny. Not to mention, multiple people done tried to tell you about brah at this point. Mafukka just come outta nowhere and slap you with 50K and a 75K truck and the gang stop pushin up on you and you think its sweet all of a sudden :martin:

The other detective may not even deserve her title being that she can't even pick up on body language :huhldup:

it had potential.. not Wire potential..

the story lines are just really on life support. Ronnie character gets wayyyy too much screentime. I dont know why the writers think a grown man with no job living with his grandma is interesting.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I knew something wasn't right with how Brandon was being portrayed when he froze up buying the gun from the Mexican cat.