The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
it had potential.. not Wire potential..

the story lines are just really on life support. Ronnie character gets wayyyy too much screentime. I dont know why the writers think a grown man with no job living with his grandma is interesting.
They're expecting the audience to :whoo:when he inevitably hooks up with Emmitt's mom

When in reality it's going to be :russell:

But you're right. Ronnie is no different than the grossly underachieving scrubs I see on the street everyday. Hanging out and doing absolutely nothing....and most of them have enabling grandparents/aunties because he was always "their baby" :comeon:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
- You don't call a struggling woman in for lunch, getting her hopes up just to let her down. That's insensitive af. It could have been handled with a phone call.

- You don't jump the gun and kill suspects. I don't care how much you are grieving. Suspects are not killers.

As for the first part I hear you but her heart was in the right place. I won't say insensitive but she didn't think things out all the way and she probably thought she was doing a great thing rather then just calling her and telling her no. She wanted to help her and to try to provide the best alternative she could by pulling strings for her, she also was trying to empathize with her. The woman on the other hand would have been more ok with just a no over the phone and was mad she had to take off work.

As for the second part, detective Cruz made it seem like they got the guy and then when Roonie saw Cooglie with Jason's chain that sealed the deal. I'm not saying what he did was right because Cooglie was a kid but still, he should have never took that damn chain lol. It made it look like he killed him in a robbery.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Time stamps nikka! :damn:

But I think I’m done with this show with Jason gone. Gave it two seasons, which is more than I have snowfall, black show or not, gotta tighten up the characters and storylines on your shyt

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Time stamps nikka! :damn:

But I think I’m done with this show with Jason gone. Gave it two seasons, which is more than I have snowfall, black show or not, gotta tighten up the characters and storylines on your shyt
What's wrong with snowfall? :ohhh:That's a great show!

Also I wish I could timestamp but the whole thing I feel is worth a listen. If I timestamp one part you would miss other things she said about it but the short version is, she had someone else running the show on the day to day and doesn't own the show so she couldn't just fire him. She learned about the issue after the filming of season 1 but it was resolved by way of HR and both of them decided to come back. Season 2 she put a female show runner as head of the show to rectify things and it happened again but by the time she found out and spoke to the show runner she was told it was a "legal matter" and to stay out of it, She regrets saying out of it.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m wild curious as to how bad it was/what exactly he did to get kicked off two shows and dropped by his reps. Bad enough as it is for Black American actors he’s screwed.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m wild curious as to how bad it was/what exactly he did to get kicked off two shows and dropped by his reps. Bad enough as it is for Black American actors he’s screwed.
yea, the dropped by reps part is what has me :patrice: not to condone it, but if it was simply being too pushy/suggestive to female co-stars, that has hardly moved reps to drop talent before. i'm wondering if he has also just been a headache to his agents or hard to work with so some scandal was all they needed to drop him.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
yea, the dropped by reps part is what has me :patrice: not to condone it, but if it was simply being too pushy/suggestive to female co-stars, that has hardly moved reps to drop talent before. i'm wondering if he has also just been a headache to his agents or hard to work with so some scandal was all they needed to drop him.

My best guess is he already had a reputation and people as well as he were warned, then this latest string of incidents turned into a case of “Well why are y’all still working with him?” I wanna say lawsuits were threatened or someone big was gonna leave, and this is probably the first public outing of his behavior but he must have that rep by now seeing how small the Black minor acting circuit is. He sounds like he’s been doing more than some #metoo stuff, probably was spazzing like a lil divo or something.

"I became a target of his rage and inappropriateness, and had to report him to HR, as well," says the Showtime series' current showrunner, Ayanna Floyd, while creator Lena Waithe maintains that she was told of the actor's alleged actions only after the first season wrapped.

'The Chi' Showrunner Goes Public on Jason Mitchell Misconduct Claims: "Everyone Was Well Aware"

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

BASICALLY HE WAS COOL UNTIL
HE SAID WHAT EVER HE SAID TO THOSE WHITE HOES ON THE SET OF THAT NETFLIX MOVIE.

ONCE HE GOT DROPPED FROM THAT
EVERYONE ELSE FOLLOWED.

THEY WERE ALREADY PLANNING
ON GOING FORWARD WITH SEASON 3
WITH HIM AND WITHOUT JERRICKA.
:devil:
:evil: