The Combat Jack Show - The Corey "Life" Pegues Episode (also the return of Dallas Penn)

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
Just finished it. Really good episode.

I guess if Corey was dissing the cops more, and saying black people should rise up and beat on the cops this would have got more attention in this forum.

But as he said, do everything calmly, by the book and respect the man behind the badge, then there will be no need to get hemmed up. No references to the recent killings.

I see a lot of young brothers getting dragged up by the police all because the first thing out of their mouth is "WHAT THE fukk YOU WANT FROM ME" and it all goes down hill from there

Good episode @CombatJack, whos up next?

i think we know this for the most part.cops are the ones not doing things by the book right now.

Word up

Aye, Combat, just to say I'm a black brit from London and your show resonates all the way over here. So if you guys ever get the chance to do something live over here please do. I think your insight into our police and our black culture over here is incredibly different to what you may experience in the US, and it may give you more insight about why black brits are less affected by white privilege.

I love your podcast and I've been listening for a minute now, and your podcast is the 1st one I have ever subscribed to. Keep up the good work..Gonna enjoy that Jeezy episode next week! Please just have some of his adlibs playing in the background during the interview!

what do you mean?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
@CombatJack Haven't finish listening...but the sketchy, somewhat stuttering and being very conscious as to not to offend your non-black audience, when talking about the Black Plight, is why leaders like Rev Al and Hon. Minister Louise Farrakhan are to be respected and appreciated

Don't tear down individuals who are doing certain things that either you are afraid of doing OR can not do. Especially when there are no others volunteering to be the focus of criticism and backlash while trying to be the voice of the black plight

That other dude called Rev Al a snitch from the comfort of a studio, while Rev Al is currently on the front line, is the illogical disconnect that comes from a lack of perspective. The same dude blurts out, "human race," as to be perceived as being more inclusive, so non-blacks are not offended, while talking about being black leaders

Again, two different lanes. No need to create roadblocks for other lanes that you are not comfortable with driving through

CombatJack

Pro
Verified
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@CombatJack Haven't finish listening...but the sketchy, somewhat stuttering and being very conscious as to not to offend your non-black audience, when talking about the Black Plight, is why leaders like Rev Al and Hon. Minister Louise Farrakhan are to be respected and appreciated

Don't tear down individuals who are doing certain things that either you are afraid of doing OR can not do. Especially when there are no others volunteering to be the focus of criticism and backlash while trying to be the voice of the black plight

That other dude called Rev Al a snitch from the comfort of a studio, while Rev Al is currently on the front line, is the illogical disconnect that comes from a lack of perspective. The same dude blurts out, "human race," as to be perceived as being more inclusive, so non-blacks are not offended, while talking about being black leaders

Again, two different lanes. No need to create roadblocks for other lanes that you are not comfortable with driving through

Point well taken, thank you. And I hate that I developed a stuttering habit because of The Combat Jack Show.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps

It's interesting that a former drug enforcer turned into a cop wants to pass judgement on Al Sharpton when he has done absolutely nothing but converse about the recent issues. I really enjoyed the interview but it was disgusting to hear someone who, from what I gathered from this interview, has had a damaging impact on the black community and did little to defuse the NYPD vs black community tension during his tenure in NYPD

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand the Dallas Penn hate, yeah sometimes he overdoes it but he says some funny shyt. Also I think Pete was better when Dallas was on the show full time, they kind of fed off each other. Pete doesn't really talk much when it's just him and Combat doing the interviews.

Jaws

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good episode @CombatJack. As a Westcoast cat along the same age it is great to get an east coast perspective on the era when crack was destroying lives. Keep up the great work,

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@CombatJack

Would you ever be interested in trying to get someone that can come in and speak about the early 90's new york street gangs like the decepticons and/or lo life's. Like getting Sean P in since he was the leader of the triggercons, random sh1t like megatron making an appearance in the fight the power video is just interesting to me lol. Those two gangs are rarely talked about in hip hop at length but they seemed to have a HUGE impact on hip hop as a culture. fukk, goons and hipsters over here in london still rock polo heavy to this day and that's indirectly because of the lo lifes influence on how hip hoppers dress. I just want to hear someone talk at length about the last days of new york being a super gully place to live...:salute:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

The question still stands, has offending people and talking about conspiracies like Farrakhan made smart people not give a fukk about he has to say? Is it dumbing down black people which in turn leads to people not respecting what they have to say and on. We need smarter voices, but it seems as if no one wants to be the voice unless they are some loudmouth, youtube illuminati phd, religious people.. Who are only relevant cause they manage to get the support of so many people in (mostly) poverty stricken communities.

I believe that those reckless, loudmouth voices during the 50s and 60s didn't do shyt but make it harder for the sympathetic smart women and men who really were putting in work not just running their mouths to the masses.

Last edited:

deeznuts

gentleman and a baller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
time
Great episode, a story like that u cant even make up.. one of my ogs use to fukk with preme n them queens nikkas back in the day, he told me about this dude once i aint belive that shyt one bit.. shyt is crazy:mindblown:

Maybe Jeezy. But I didn't say that here.

:salute: yall is on your shyt with these guests lately.. but what we all wondering, when u gonna get Hov up there breh?:feedme: Between u working with him way back when and Just being part of the newmanati AND illuminati at the same time, it should be at least possible.. right?

Or maybe yall got some bad blood from back in the lawyering day:lupe: u try to mess with dude publishing? :wow:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Great episode, a story like that u cant even make up.. one of my ogs use to fukk with preme n them queens nikkas back in the day, he told me about this dude once i aint belive that shyt one bit.. shyt is crazy:mindblown:

:salute: yall is on your shyt with these guests lately.. but what we all wondering, when u gonna get Hov up there breh?:feedme: Between u working with him way back when and Just being part of the newmanati AND illuminati at the same time, it should be at least possible.. right?

Or maybe yall got some bad blood from back in the lawyering day:lupe: u try to mess with dude publishing? :wow:

Combat knows who he paid gawd. Serchlite publishing *insert JayZlol smiley*

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
It's crazy to hear this episode. I was just telling my wife a few weeks ago about an encounter I had with a cop when I was younger.

Long story short, it was an LAPD officer, he banged on me, said he was from South Side Compton Crip and that being a cop was just his job.

That shyt fukked me up. :ohhh:

Also, how yall gonna hate on Dallas Penn. This nikka be having me dying on the regular. He gotta be one of the biggest bullshytters on the air and he knows it and it's hilarious. :mjlol:

@CombatJack 5th anniversary is coming up for the show, can the Avengers assemble for just one 3 hour episode breh?