The Death of a Dynasty (fukk DISNEY).. the Official MCU Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea let a few phase 4 flix bomb and feige will hit an audible real quick.

For real tho i give it 3 years max before we get a movie from the FF since they are more closely tied to the avengers and the cosmic stuff we getting to in phase 4

Yea but people that been shytting on Marvel been waiting on a "bomb" for half a decade now.

Its to the point that when other movies are making the #s that are considered "bombing" they change the standards and math to say its a success.

So if Marvel dropped say a Squirrel Girl flick and its do Shazaam numbers, its another hit in the box office and Marvel would have another one:russ:

Martha

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Wheels aren't stopping any time soon
8Sk9S0K.png

“Endgame” will usher out several popular team members (Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man and Chris Evans’ Captain America are among those expected to exit stage left), while future Marvel projects such as “The Eternals” and “Shang-Chi” will introduce a new group of heroes and villains whose various adventures will eventually overlap. As with everything in the world of Marvel, details of these projects are being treated as state secrets. They could tell you, but then they’d probably have to sic the Hulk on you.

“Some of these films will feature characters that you already know,” says the maddeningly tight-lipped Feige. “Some supporting characters will assume leading roles, while some new characters will be introduced. The reward for all of these films working is that we get to try to do it again and do it differently and learn from our mistakes and try something we haven’t tried before.”

One element that will be different is that the coming storyline won’t unspool exclusively on the big screen. This year, Disney is launching its own challenger to Netflix, a streaming service dubbed Disney Plus. Feige and his team are overseeing several limited series for the platform featuring Marvel characters such as Loki and the Scarlet Witch. They will be played by Tom Hiddleston and Elisabeth Olsen, who portrayed the same characters in several big-screen “Avengers” sequels and spinoffs.

“These episodes will intersect with the movies in a very big way,” explains Feige. “It’s a totally new form of storytelling that we get to play with and explore.”

How Kevin Feige Super-Charged Marvel Studios Into Hollywood’s Biggest Hit Machine

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea but people that been shytting on Marvel been waiting on a "bomb" for half a decade now.

Its to the point that when other movies are making the #s that are considered "bombing" they change the standards and math to say its a success.

So if Marvel dropped say a Squirrel Girl flick and its do Shazaam numbers, its another hit in the box office and Marvel would have another one:russ:

Martha

Yea, Marvel isn't bombing anytime soon and if it came down to it, the x-men and F4 need the MCU more than the MCU needs them. Once we stop thinking like comic book fans wrapped in nostalgia and look at the landscape objectively: the general audience was perfectly fine with GotG as their modern "Fantastic Four" family, and Ant-Man & the Wasp made more money than any x-movie not named Deadpool 1, Deadpool 2, or DoFP. And ppl shyt on A&tW's box office, ironically. lol

Hell, if the rights didn't come back to Disney, I bet you the Eternals movie would be to the X-Men what GotG is to the F4. General/global audiences don't know or care about comic book hierarchy/obscurity/politics. Which is why Captain Marvel is the queen b of female superheroes

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yea, Marvel isn't bombing anytime soon and if it came down to it, the x-men and F4 need the MCU more than the MCU needs them. Once we stop thinking like comic book fans wrapped in nostalgia and look at the landscape objectively: the general audience was perfectly fine with GotG as their modern "Fantastic Four" family, and Ant-Man & the Wasp made more money than any x-movie not named Deadpool 1, Deadpool 2, or DoFP. And ppl shyt on A&tW's box office, ironically. lol

Hell, if the rights didn't come back to Disney, I bet you the Eternals movie would be to the X-Men what GotG is to the F4. General/global audiences don't know or care about comic book hierarchy/obscurity/politics. Which is why Captain Marvel is the queen b of female superheroes

People won’t be shytting on A&tW box office too much longer:lolbron:

That revisionist shyt about to kick in cuz Shazaam is behind, desperately chasing its numbers and those same folks who shytted on Antman are now praising Shazaam for its success

:mjlol:

Yea I agree with you on Eternals, people thought CM was gonna flop cuz her books weren’t selling like that but general movie folk don’t care. Eternals probably in the same boat “book sale wise” but the moment Marvel introduces a stellar cast, give us a minimum plot, and then drop a dope teaser, that shyt gonna be over

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
That’s probably the best thing Marvel did over the last 11 years..... build up their minor and obscure properties to the height that the my really don’t need their A list heavy hitters.

Yes it’s cool to have they not dying without them

Martha

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People won’t be shytting on A&tW box office too much longer:lolbron:

That revisionist shyt about to kick in cuz Shazaam is behind, desperately chasing its numbers and those same folks who shytted on Antman are now praising Shazaam for its success

:mjlol:

Yea I agree with you on Eternals, people thought CM was gonna flop cuz her books weren’t selling like that but general movie folk don’t care. Eternals probably in the same boat “book sale wise” but the moment Marvel introduces a stellar cast, give us a minimum plot, and then drop a dope teaser, that shyt gonna be over

Martha

She's been jewlzing it up for the past 2 weeks :russ:

I even had to call her out on it in the comments section.

Why does Marvel have to get brought up.. LOL? Marvel vs. DC faded after Justice League. But if you are going to make comparisons at least paint the whole picture, Shazam was released in 361 more theaters than Ant Man ( 4,217 vs. 3,856) so it really should've even be close. Two different types of movies with two different types of stories targeting different markets. Marvel has brand equity, so they know x amount of people will show up. Even when they release new characters like Ant Man. Maybe casual fans didn't want to see it. They should've released it during the summer as Ant Man was.

People want a Marvel vs. ? so bad. Marvel fans don't try to prop up films for the sake of it. Most of the battle is simply getting people to go see it.

And Ant-Man had to follow up the last 2 Avengers movies.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
But they control the script and the story. Feige should've threaten to just kill him off in far from home. Or simply not bring him back after the snap.
Thing is, Sony controls the character and Feige/Disney want the character.

It'd be a bad decision to start threatening Sony to see who blinks first after both companies only just squashed their beef after painstaking negotiations.

All things considered I think they handled it pretty well; spidey trailer came, went, and is now radio silent in favor of End Game.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That’s probably the best thing Marvel did over the last 11 years..... build up their minor and obscure properties to the height that the my really don’t need their A list heavy hitters.

Yes it’s cool to have they not dying without them

Martha

It's for the betterment. I just think it's funny that in the last few years a segment of comic fans have turned into the same elitists they used to get bullied by.

All that great power/great responsibility, Cap America high moral ground, X-Men treat all ppl fairly, etc etc apparently goes out the window if the HNIC is Carol Danvers:pachaha: