Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1276189804091207680

The Dixie Chicks Change Their Name, Dropping the ‘Dixie’

The Dixie Chicks are now the Chicks.

The platinum-selling country trio, which in 2003 became pariahs in Nashville for criticizing President George W. Bush on the eve of the American-led invasion of Iraq, has changed its name, apparently in tacit acknowledgment of criticism over its use of the word “Dixie,” a nostalgic nickname for the Civil War-era South.

The group made the change stealthily on Thursday, releasing a new video as the Chicks and adjusting its social media presence. Representatives for the band confirmed the new name.

But the three women of the group — Natalie Maines, Emily Strayer and Martie Maguire, who have been among the most outspoken figures in the conservative world of country music — made little immediate comment.

In a brief statement on its new website, the band states simply: “We want to meet this moment.” The new video, “March March,” features images of current and historical protests — for women’s rights, gay rights, environmental causes and Black Lives Matter.
NY times

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
They did stand on their square against Bush..
And against their own crackers
tumblr_inline_p13typExOb1r8z4qq_500.gifv

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
majority of the companies/singers changing their names/logo no one gave a fk about them but they need the PR

I wonder how much Lady Antebellum had to pay paid Lady A to give up her name. I’m assuming they gave her the bag since they “met common ground” about the issue.