The Dixie Chicks change their name to The Chicks

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got nothing but love here. Back when they used to play our little 4th of July festival Martie was :noah:. Legit talented musicians and singers.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never was a fan of their music but will always respect them for taking a stand against Bush Jr. and the Iraq War in the beginning when they could have just stuck to playing music. :ehh:

Yes sir. I always gave them ladies props for that. Cause pretty much everyone in the media and entertainment were scared to say anything.

They sure did let they nuts hang to call out bush during that time...:whew:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
My country music knowledge is zero, but why do they hate leeann rimes?

She was involved in a major cheating scandal with Eddie Cobain who was formerly married to one of those Real Housewife chicks. Leann herself was married at the time and they both left their spouses to be together. The Real Housewife chick wrote a book about it and essentially killed both Leann and Eddie’s career while causing Brandi’s to blow up. It also didn’t help matters that they both came off as unlikeable and was completely different from the image that people originally thought of her as.

It was frowned upon by country music and taboo which is odd considering how male country artist have done the exact same thing in recent years, but they didn’t get it as bad as Leann did. Even Garth Brook’s current marriage to Trisha Yearwood is based upon them leaving their former spouses.

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
She was involved in a major cheating scandal with Eddie Cobain who was formerly married to one of those Real Housewife chicks. Leann herself was married at the time and they both left their spouses to be together. The Real Housewife chick wrote a book about it and essentially killed both Leann and Eddie’s career while causing Brandi’s to blow up. It also didn’t help matters that they both came off as unlikeable and was completely different from the image that people originally thought of her as.

It was frowned upon by country music and taboo which is odd considering how male country artist have done the exact same thing in recent years, but they didn’t get it as bad as Leann did. Even Garth Brook’s current marriage to Trisha Yearwood is based upon them leaving their former spouses.

:picard:

i aint heard her name in a while. I just remember we are the same age and when she came out she was hailed as the next big country star n shyt.