☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@śïñe•qúå_nøn the big fight getting ready to happen here is the end of the building height regulations. This is going to be the battle for the soul of DC, not the Howard campus stuff. The mayor is a slave to developer and is in favor. Anyone from chocolate city is against it.
why is that bad?

more housing is good and the removal of zoning will finally help bring more opportunity into DC... people don't live in maryland for no reason

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
why is that bad?

more housing is good and the removal of zoning will finally help bring more opportunity into DC... people don't live in maryland for no reason

There’s nothing wrong with Maryland and people should look at developing PG County.

But the real issue is that it will destroy the views that make the city what it is and will not lead to cheaper housing. Developers are not in this to take a loss or to short their own pockets. We’re already smaller than Philly with x times the rents. Putting an extra story on these old buildings will not trickle down. I promise.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think you're confused.

Regulations exist LIMITING the types of new housing. Thats why theres big ass homes in the cores of many cities.
Homes are stacked less than 10 feet apart & condos or townhomes are stacked 3 stories . Built with the cheapest labor & heavy city fees

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There’s nothing wrong with Maryland and people should look at developing PG County.

But the real issue is that it will destroy the views that make the city what it is and will not lead to cheaper housing. Developers are not in this to take a loss or to short their own pockets. We’re already smaller than Philly with x times the rents. Putting an extra story on these old buildings will not trickle down. I promise.
i'm straight on the "views"...the city news more housing stock

I'm talking about zoning reform in the form that increases density, not just housing additions

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i'm straight on the "views"...the city news more housing stock

I'm talking about zoning reform in the form that increases density, not just housing additions

The city does need more housing stock but that’s not the way. And my honest feeling, getting my NIMBY on like a real DC head, is that if people want a place to live they should move to Baltimore where there’s a ton of homes and commute here on the train like the out of towners that they are.

:mjcry: