The effect of a bump stock on an AR-15

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Black men getting caught up in this “ban all the guns” shyt are being finessed.

Don’t quote me trying to argue, i don’t give a fukk.

I’m just letting y’all know.

No serious people here or elsewhere are calling for all guns to be banned. That's simply a lazy strawman argument peddled by the far right and the NRA.

The reality is that gun regulation is necessary, period. I support the second amendment. If you want a gun, fine. And if you're black, recognize there is a LONG history of guns being used in the struggle.

(I posted a link to the book This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made The Civil Rights Movement Possible, but it's not showing up due to the embedded Amazon thing.

None of that contradicts the view that gun control needs to be stranger. Specifically, if you want a gun you should have to pass a background check.

My biggest problem with gun convos is they ignore the fact that handguns are the #1 driver of gun violence. Normally we focus on these school shootings where a white guy blows away people with an automatic rifle but that's far from the norm. Inner city violence is largely driven by illegal handguns flooding the streets. Chicago is a great example. People love pointing out the city/state has gun control, but it's surrounded by states with no gun control. Most guns in Chicago come from Indiana. Those guns are shipped in underground and sold cheap, by cacs to black people. Poison for the community. An essential part of gun control is cutting down on gun trafficking. Straw purchases. Closing the gun show loop hole. That's essential and will save lives, specifically black ones.

Republicans have spent the last 20 years dismantling the ability of law enforcement to crack down on gun trafficking. And ever since 911, the FBI has been focused more on terrorism than more traditional American crime. Remember in The Wire when McNulty tried to get the feds involved on Barksdale, and the dude was like "I could help if his last name was Mohammad"? That's how it is...

Daps
Who would have ever thought that Black people would ever campaign to have their own rights taken away to appease white people?

You nikkas ain't gonna shoot nobody but other black people.

:russ: at this "We gotta protect ourselves from the neo-nazi's when the government collapses" bullshyt

Y'all nikkas get guns to flex on other black people.
Yall talk a militant game on the internet, but I know and lived with y'all gunsexuals in real life.

I know who y'all really point those guns at

:mjgrin:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You nikkas ain't gonna shoot nobody but other black people.

:russ: at this "We gotta protect ourselves from the neo-nazi's when the government collapses" bullshyt

Y'all nikkas get guns to flex on other black people.
Yall talk a militant game on the internet, but I know and lived with y'all gunsexuals in real life.

I know who y'all really point those guns at

:mjgrin:

Who said that? Cause i didn't.

Blacks have essentially had "rights" for barely 50 years...and are already doing things to give them away.

Where else do you see that type of behavior by people who have recently gained rights?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
No serious people here or elsewhere are calling for all guns to be banned. That's simply a lazy strawman argument peddled by the far right and the NRA.

The reality is that gun regulation is necessary, period. I support the second amendment. If you want a gun, fine. And if you're black, recognize there is a LONG history of guns being used in the struggle.

(I posted a link to the book This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made The Civil Rights Movement Possible, but it's not showing up due to the embedded Amazon thing.

None of that contradicts the view that gun control needs to be stranger. Specifically, if you want a gun you should have to pass a background check.

My biggest problem with gun convos is they ignore the fact that handguns are the #1 driver of gun violence. Normally we focus on these school shootings where a white guy blows away people with an automatic rifle but that's far from the norm. Inner city violence is largely driven by illegal handguns flooding the streets. Chicago is a great example. People love pointing out the city/state has gun control, but it's surrounded by states with no gun control. Most guns in Chicago come from Indiana. Those guns are shipped in underground and sold cheap, by cacs to black people. Poison for the community. An essential part of gun control is cutting down on gun trafficking. Straw purchases. Closing the gun show loop hole. That's essential and will save lives, specifically black ones.

Republicans have spent the last 20 years dismantling the ability of law enforcement to crack down on gun trafficking. And ever since 911, the FBI has been focused more on terrorism than more traditional American crime.
Remember in The Wire when McNulty tried to get the feds involved on Barksdale, and the dude was like "I could help if his last name was Mohammad"? That's how it is...

People don't realize that some of these laws, facilitate gun trafficking and illegal sales.

Companies like Kel-Tec,SCCY and Hi-point may purport themselves as shytty gun makers with affordable prices... but the reality is that they understand there is a niche for modern day saturday night specials.

The whole Fast and Furious gun trafficking operation blew up in BATFE's face and they're so lucky it happened before twitter came to prominence...cause it would've been truly ugly.

Daps
Who said that? Cause i didn't.

Blacks have essentially had "rights" for barely 50 years...and are already doing things to give them away.

Where else do you see that type of behavior by people who have recently gained rights?

You ain't gotta say it. I know all the talking points y'all gun brehs push on here. I know what narrative y'all like to tell on the internet.

But in real life, its a different story.

Just know I ain't fooled by that fake black survivalist/revoltiounary talk

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Republicans have spent the last 20 years dismantling the ability of law enforcement to crack down on gun trafficking. And ever since 911, the FBI has been focused more on terrorism than more traditional American crime. Remember in The Wire when McNulty tried to get the feds involved on Barksdale, and the dude was like "I could help if his last name was Mohammad"? That's how it is...

EXACTLY.

One thing people don't realize is that the modern day gun control movement is largely driven/financed by well off liberals who only started caring about the issue after attempted assassination of Reagan and the actual murder of John Lennon. If you were to look at the leadership of these organizations, it's all rich white folks. Now, I'm not saying that they don't do good work etc., but politically speaking good intentions will only take you so far. Vast majority of gun violence is as you stated via handgun and also in inner city. If you were to ask most people in the hood what should be done to lower violence, they would talk about jobs etc. But these organizations (and their political backers) fixate on AR15s and 30 rd magazines - when they represent what amounts to a rounding error in the overall percentage of homicides in a given year. It's much easier to talk about banning guns than addressing the conditions that lead to their use.