The End Is Near: Ubisoft has started inserting advertisements on the pause menu and map.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Source... Muthafukka read the room aint shyt changed in game design they was gonna raise prices since next gen started... :childplease:

Price increase for next-gen games is “justified”, says Take-Two CEO

They just fleecing y'all fools outta money believing what they say... :snoop: and these games are still buggy and broken and Y'all still buying them
Game design? Nikka just the fact that in the time it took a developer to release 3 or 3 games now they can only release one just make it more expensive.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Game design? Nikka just the fact that in the time it took a developer to release 3 or 3 games now they can only release one just make it more expensive.

Nah they lying to you these companies have legit millions and billions of dollars at their disposal and they need OUR money to make the games???:comeon: how fukking gullible are you nikka...

EDIT: case in point look at madden it's the same shyt every fukking year do you think they spend millions to make that shyt?:what:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is why tech companies are pushing VR so hard. They want the ads RIGHT IN YOUR EYES so you can't look away. It's the final evolution of advertising beyond figuring out how to beam ads directly into your dreams when you're sleeping. When smart glasses replace smart phones, don't be shocked if you will have ads in the corner of your eyes and in your face every five minutes unless you pay a monthly premium.

Ironically epic games may have just put a serious battery in the back of indie developers with unreal engine 5. You don't need to build an engine from scratch, you can pay for a license and just use that engine to make a game that looks as good as anything a big studio will put out.

As they continue to burn out developers with terrible working conditions and mediocre products that are the direct result of terrible project management+greed from the ceos, those developers will start their own studios and make games on reasonable timelines that don't have bullshyt like ads in them.

We may be on the cusp of the Golden age of crowdfunded, independent games. It's one of the reasons why I'm hoping baldurs gate 3 sweeps all the goty awards. It sends a message that people care about a quality product more than quantity.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I mean, I expect a company to advertise their products as long as it isn’t invasive or disrupts the content.

I just wonder WHAT all this level of advertising really produces in terms of quality products.

I never been tricked into buying something for my entertainment, usually I’m aware if I want something or not or if I like it enough to want to spend money on it.

Ubisoft better hurry up with my goddamn Division Heartlands game though.

Daps
Atleast is there game those bozos on 2k have Jake from state farm commercials on half time:pacspit:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah they lying to you these companies have legit millions and billions of dollars at their disposal and they need OUR money to make the games???:comeon: how fukking gullible are you nikka...

EDIT: case in point look at madden it's the same shyt every fukking year do you think they spend millions to make that shyt?:what:

Bruh he isn’t wrong. In 1994 you could make a game with 5 people that went head to head with the largest game manufacturers out there. You could do that up until mid PS2, that’s when it started to become cost prohibitive to make games you weren’t sure could sell. Hence today pretty much all A and AA games are indies that use touched up NES to PS2 level graphics.

Today in the major market there are like 10 developers owned by 5 publishers. This shyt is not sustainable.

That being said, it does not justify ads going to the pause menu or the map.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

The exclusive license for madden cost hundreds of millions. Then u factor employees and advertising. Madden is down big before they sell one copy

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The exclusive license for madden cost hundreds of millions. Then u factor employees and advertising. Madden is down big before they sell one copy

And yet each iteration of the same game makes millions and their negligible difference even on the current gen systems...:mjlol::heh: that money going somewhere and it's not to develop the game.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

:coffee:
Let me know when they start charging you microtransactions for bullets or make you pay to see the cutscenes like they wanna implement so bad.​