The Family (The Coli movie club) - also some rules

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
2uylu1x.jpg

The Rules
1. New movie every Sunday/Monday (timezones and all that)
2. 7 days to watch the movie
3. Only those who are active in previous week by posting thoughts/review in the thread can be picked as the one who chooses the next movie
4. That choice is made by the OP on the last day in his movie week - meaning @track 1 picks the poster who picks the next movie
5. All movies must be easy to get a hold of (so no Russian short films from 1921)
6. Movies can be "bad" or "good" the OP decides
7. New thread every week with the name of the movie first and then (The Coli movie club)
8. The threads will be full of spoilers so put it in a box

Kinda like this

This weeks pick is The Family from @track 1

The_Family_2013%2C_Poster.jpg

The Family, also known as Malavita, is a 2013 English-language French actioncrimecomedy film directed by Luc Besson, starringRobert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones, Dianna Agron, and John D'Leo. The film follows a Mafia family under the witness protection program that want to change their lives

@Malta @SwiggyCabrera24 @ThiefyPoo @MartyMcFly @Real @ShaneTheRogue @Dr. Narcisse @Sensitive Blake Griffin @Jello Biafra @cook @Bruce Wayne @Suicide King @penfield @Doc Holiday @HHR @CarolinaKing @Brooklynzson @muzikfrk75 @track 1 @Abso831 @nasty @Thatrogueassdiaz @Kaii-genesis @AlphaOne @Microfracture @R.E.N. Spells Ren @88m3 @Method Man @AITheAnswerAI @Heretic @BelowTheMasonDixon @Jayson_bourn @GzUpHoEzDwN @LordEssdot @kp404 @Jutt @Raedawn07 @Mikey2Toes @MilesTailsPrower @LurkLurker @Reality @young3000 @Data-Hawk @Clutch Robinson @Hiphoplives4eva @flyry @wire28
@Keyser Soze @2 Up 2 Down @TarPitWu @Master Teacher @Conz @Anbessa725 @nikkahs B. Wildin @storyteller @ghostwriterx @Yoda @Kunty McPhuck @pete clemenza @KOTK @Captain_Crunch @TdashDUB @Ghost Utmost @tonyclifton @Wise @True Blue Moon @yoyoyo1 @Rekless Youf @Patrick Kane @YouMadd? @Mr Hate Coffee @NZA @Tuaminator @dangerranger @Primetime @Manny ManhaTTan @LongJohn @Ebonic Plague @Bruce LeRoy @Ayo @MF_BREW @Spin @Sunalmighty @choc_cardigan @StupidQuestion @Hammer @BarNone @IronFist @GoldenGlove @2Quik4UHoes @LostOne @TheGodling @duckbutta @The_Unchosen_One @Batz @Tony_Bromo @trick @StillNotSoft @theoretic @Wiirdo @sun raw @HankMoodyCSC @CapitalOne @bboystyle @dvdjamm @choc_cardigan @Arcavian @PurePlaya @DosCadenaz @T-K-G

Those who want to get tagged in the OP every week that are not there already just PM me and I'll edit it in and the poster who picks next can copy/paste all the names in his new post

Let the fest commence:blessed:

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Its on Netflix will watch tomorrow, tonight is for GoT

Edit: Finally watched,

Ok, I never really looked this movie up I had just seen previews for it and had an idea of what it was about. I was not expecting that first scene. Over all it was an ok movie, it made me chuckle at times, I loved the backdrop, and what I liked most was the randomness it seemed to have. 6/7 out of 10 because I did enjoy it, I didn't get bored, but I wouldn't watch it again. I can enjoy movies like this because I don't take it serious.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm down for this. Only thing I'm worried about is if an old movie is picked and we can't find it at redbox or netflix. Personally, I don't have netflix. A designated person should provide a torrent link to the chosen movie of the week.

If not a torrent then maybe we should keep it to flicks that are on netflix or amazon (for those who have it) that way we keep things nice and simple. I'll be checking this out tomorrow after work. It's been on my list for a while but now I really have a reason to dig into it

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
ive seen this already, i can give a review :blessed:

edit: i guess im one of the first reviews :lupe: i put it in spoilers so it doesnt influence people that havent watched it yet, i'll take it out if you think its unnecessary @StraxStrax

i saw this probably a month or two after it came out so this speed review is all off of memory. wasnt anything too special. i know its a "actioncrimecomedy" as the wiki in the OP says, but it felt like a strugglecomedy struggleaction flick. the funny wasnt too funny and the action wasnt too great.

even though i know the film is focused on the witness protection part, i think the movie would have been better focusing on robby D and his dealings earlier before they got on the run.

it had a spark every now and then but nothing consistent to be worth full movie price admission. definitely a netflix/redbox movie by yourself

overall grade C- aka :upsetfavre: aka @track 1 estimated walkout time: 28 minutes

Last edited: