THE GRAPEVINE - CULTURE VULTURES

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lol yeah it's all about her

Figured that. Folks just, well, really some of these modern Black women just need someone to be mad at. Especially if it's a semi-attractive white chick finding a measure of success within Black circles. The irony is beyond YesJulz being a vulture, there's plenty of Black folks who are in the industry that don't appreciate the culture but profit from it as well. There was a time it was cool for dudes rapping to say, "I'm not a rapper", and I ain't talking about Jay. Dudes were really bragging about being gangsters and thugs, and thumbing their nose up at the thought of them being viewed as emcees. We don't call them vultures though despite their lack of contribution to the culture.

On another note, pardon my ignorance as I can't keep up with everything, but the folks that make up round table discussions like The Grapevine, strike me as the type of Black folks who were never really around other Black folks during their formative years. Even if they were I get the feeling just by looking at them and their topics of conversation that they were outcasts and social misfits. Now they want to dictate what goes on in the culture. Reminds me of folks that got bullied in school and later on became heavy handed police officers. These shea butter types, Blavity, The Root, Grapevine, etc., all of these folks strike me as the boys and girls in high school who didn't fit in with everybody else. Now they got jobs as writers and cultural critics and use their media platform in an attempt to dictate the direction of the culture despite having never really been part of it to begin with.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nikkas keep posting these clowns on here :mjlol:

Coli breh: MAN I HATE SISQO
*coli breh logs into youtube and searches for sisqo video*
*watched all 5 min of video*
Coli breh: MAN I HATE SISQO WHY TF DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT HIM OR TALK ABOUT HIM. I HOPE NOBODY SUPPORTS SISQO
*coli breh logs into coli and creates thread about sisqo and links video*
Coli breh: MAN LOOK AT THIS YALL SISQO A CLOWN

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

Cliffs
- discuss YesJulz and Murda Mook
- the disrespect and erasure of black women
- who is invited to the BBQ
- who hands out the invites
- white women and their role in systematic racism