The Greatest Female Rapper outside of Lauryn Hill - Is FROM PHILLY

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
At this point, Lauryn Hill should be excluded from all discussions about female rappers.

She's literally done nothing in 25+ years to validate this status.....a couple verses back in the early 90's doesn't warrant this continued place she's somehow gotten.

This here.

I can't remember when it first started happening, but this thing where people started calling Lauryn the GOAT female MC, is wild. She doesn't have the body of work, or the longevity to f*ck with the catalogues or classics of the actual GOAT females in Hip Hop.

She's never been on the level of Lyte or Latifah. She also doesn't have as many classics as they do. But there's mad females who put a lot of work in that people always seem to skip over to mention Lauryn. We gotta chill with that. She hasn't earned GOAT mentions yet. And at the rate the past couple decades and some change have been going, she's a wrap.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What you think is love

Is truly not

You need to elevate and fiiiiind
shaq.png

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Eve has some hits but I ain’t never heard no one call her a goat. Almost like she’s been forgotten compared to Kim, Lauren, Nikki etc

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
eve had the number 1 spot for a loooong time but her music has no replay value..

rappity rap people gonna say rah digga

mainstream success we got kim, foxy, missy, da brat

Lauryn is another level tho.. she was commercial success and undeniable rappity rap skills too.

she traded bars with rah digga and held her own:

she gave us this classic verse:

Lauryn the greatest and the finest

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point, Lauryn Hill should be excluded from all discussions about female rappers.

She's literally done nothing in 25+ years to validate this status.....a couple verses back in the early 90's doesn't warrant this continued place she's somehow gotten.

People will dap and co-sign that post, but will really in here arguing Eve as GOAT. Then, to make it worse, they can't even name a Lyte song since 1996. Most female rappers would be disqualified from the discussion based on that post.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ms Jade is my favorite female rapper from Philly. She goes bar for bar with every heavy hitter in Philly.

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
I'm still mad at this bytch because when she came out, I spent the summer in Philly and every bytch had dyed blond short hair well before that was cool :huhldup:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Lyte is the greatest.. Lauryn second...

I dont care who third. Just dont say Nicki