The Hon. Elijah Muhammad's "How To Eat To Live"

Daps
Some of it works. I think eating in a limited band of hours (like between 10AM and 6PM) is as workable as eating just one meal a day. Eating one every two days is obviously not healthy.

Some of what the book says is common sense, like white bread being nutrient-free. Some of it, I'm not sure where the science of it comes from. There are two volumes, but a lot of it is repetitive.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I don't follow like 99% of it, but cutting out white bread (bread period), eating mostly veggies, eating one meal a day, liquid fasting and generally not eating like a hog is universally great advice

I might try following it for a week one of these days :ehh:
It’s not that hard

Here’s a couple of my go to’s

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
It’s not that hard

Here’s a couple of my go to’s

This will probably sound stupid, but is it weird that I went from 276 pounds to 160 pounds with no healthy diet?

I literally ate what I wanted including fast food but only ate it one time a day, made sure my plate wasn't heavy, and still lost weight. I went to the doctor and had no problem during my check up.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Havent read the book, but if its about omad/intermittent fasting then that shyt is on point. I went 36/12 for 8 months went from 240 to 177. That shyt is a cheat code too, considering i still ate like trash while i did it.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Havent read the book, but if its about omad/intermittent fasting then that shyt is on point. I went 36/12 for 8 months went from 240 to 177. That shyt is a cheat code too, considering i still ate like trash while i did it.
I thought I was the only person Breh. :whew:

I wasn't eating healthy at all when I was doing OMAD, lmao. I was doing 24-28 hour fasts and breaking the fast with Pizza or wings or some shyt, BUT, I just didn't OD on stuffing my face.

:russ::dead:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This will probably sound stupid, but is it weird that I went from 276 pounds to 160 pounds with no healthy diet?

I literally ate what I wanted including fast food but only ate it one time a day, made sure my plate wasn't heavy, and still lost weight. I went to the doctor and had no problem during my check up.
Nah, that ain't weird. I was 260s and got to 180-185 just from paying attention to calories and dedicating an hour a day to walking leisurely.

Once I started counting, I often found it was hard to actually meet the regular goal of around 1300 calories.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is before it’s time and accurate if you want longevity. The concept now known as OMAD - one meal a day is something that I follow especially.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

I believe you

I’ve been wanting to go vegetarian forever so I decided to do it all at once with omad and this book has been my go to all my life as I’ve watched the mainstream slowly but surely come around to everything he’s been teaching his followers since the 40s.

Elijah says that’s the optimal diet but most ignore that part and focus on just not eating pork

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
This is before it’s time and accurate if you want longevity. The concept now known as OMAD - one meal a day is something that I follow especially.

I’m trying to gain weight so this would be tough for me

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug: I mean…. I stopped eating pork a long time ago. fukk that OMAD shyt tho. I work out, do manual labor, and I’m type 2 diabetic. I’ve tried, and passed out a few times, not for me.