The internet or how we can all be lonely together now

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Sometimes it trips me out when I think about the fact that I'm sitting here tapping keys and you're sitting there reading words on a screen. Disconnected yet connecting, ain't that some paradoxical ish?

Its like the net breeds a special kind of isolation under the guise of community when in reality its like trying to feed the starving with pictures of food. Sure if they're hungry enough they'll eat the paper but it ain't nothing like the real thing except the difference with the net is hits you off with that endorphin rush so you come back again to munch on its offerings...

If you stop and think about it its this fake reality aspect, this whole not life but nearly like it thing, that feeds the Gram, clout chasing and everything else as people try and big themselves up to compensate for what they obviously don't feel inside as they need your likes to make it real. Rinse and repeat.

In a generation or three humanity is going to be twisted beyond all recognition thanks to this tech as you can already see the seeds starting to take shape... and yet for most people it beats the alternative because they can't think of anything else to do apart from stare at a screen in their free time after getting paid to spend 8 hours previously staring at a screen. Rinse and repeat.

Stockholm Syndrome in full effect...

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
and yet for most people it beats the alternative because they can't think of anything else to do apart from stare at a screen in their free time after getting paid to spend 8 hours previously staring at a screen.
I'm on my break right now browsing The Coli you ain't have to come for me like that :damn:

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In a generation or three humanity is going to be twisted beyond all recognition thanks to this tech as you can already see the seeds starting to take shape... and yet for most people it beats the alternative because they can't think of anything else to do apart from stare at a screen in their free time after getting paid to spend 8 hours previously staring at a screen. Rinse and repeat.

It's scary watching this in real time and knowing I've also been infected by this shyt.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I'm on my break right now browsing The Coli you ain't have to come for me like that :damn:

But doesn't it just highlight the Stockholm Syndrome so perfectly though? Study your life and the lessons therein bredrin.

It's scary watching this in real time and knowing I've also been infected by this shyt.

Only you can make the change, the first step is realizing whats at stake and how tricknology is playing us for its own gain.

@Complexion peep this video breh

Dope, thanks for showing me that. The question is how many people will look at the same thing and see the powerful message on a deep enough level that it makes them facilitate a change? Not many I'd bet and thats what so crazy about it because the dude laid it out plain.

Some of us came up with junkies, addicts and the crime life all around as everyone strove to chase the next high with no thought of consequences so we did what we had to do to survive only to find that virtually overnight the whole world is full of digital baseheads and no one bats an eye now because its socially sanctioned but we already armor plated our minds with walls and shields as we escaped from the killing fields and see with our third eye, live and know this ain't right.

Same song, different system, new listeners aka victims.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
It is crazy how forums pull people together and we share our thoughts and experiences to people who we don't know. I can only imagine how The Coli meetups in the past went connecting usernames with faces, although considering all the fukkery that goes down on here they were probably fun events.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
I’m fascinated by the fact that every poster is a person with an entire life. I feel connected and like I know a little bit about people who post a lot. In my day to day life I have deep relationships but I still keep a lot of me to myself. I don’t say too much personal stuff on here either but I like knowing I can and I’m blown away when others do.

I’m also just hella noisy and like being in other people's business

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m fascinated by the fact that every poster is a person with an entire life. I feel connected and like I know a little bit about people who post a lot. In my day to day life I have deep relationships but I still keep a lot of me to myself. I don’t say too much personal stuff on here either but I like knowing I can and I’m blown away when others do.

The best part of forums is that I get to keep my anonymity.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes it trips me out when I think about the fact that I'm sitting here tapping keys and you're sitting there reading words on a screen. Disconnected yet connecting, ain't that some paradoxical ish?

Its like the net breeds a special kind of isolation under the guise of community when in reality its like trying to feed the starving with pictures of food. Sure if they're hungry enough they'll eat the paper but it ain't nothing like the real thing except the difference with the net is hits you off with that endorphin rush so you come back again to munch on its offerings...

If you stop and think about it its this fake reality aspect, this whole not life but nearly like it thing, that feeds the Gram, clout chasing and everything else as people try and big themselves up to compensate for what they obviously don't feel inside as they need your likes to make it real. Rinse and repeat.

Stockholm Syndrome in full effect...

Ha. You should break down the excessive workout/eat healthy culture

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to be honest at the risk of judgement. When i was younger i felt real friendship for the people i talked to online. We shared interests, played games together and talked like brothers/sisters. Then i went AWOL from humanity for a few years. Lost touch, felt like those bonds had passed me by, didn't rekindle them and just never made real new ones. The people i talk to now don't know me and i don't know them. There's so many thin strands between people it feels weird even (wanting to) strenghtening a bond. Intrusive. Like it's not supposed to happen.

So the online "friendship" is not there for me anymore. I do kind of miss it.
Reminds me of that old Chris Rock bit about adults not having friends.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

i've been studying you too. i know about your fraternal twin :sas2: