The Koreans are coming for that ASS - 2021 Genesis SUV

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think the stigma around Hyundai/Genesis will go away in the next few years

I’m sure in 1980 ppl were like .. ew.. you’re driving A Toyota-Lexus, that’s not real luxury like the European brands.. it’s a fukking Asian car.

same with:

nissan-Infiti
Honda-Acura

it’s funny how our minds associate quality with a name/branding instead of assessing the actual quality. I’m guilty of it too and wish it wasn’t that way.

Exactly. To me quality is better than a name. People get caught in the name and will disregard the quality because of the name. I’ve heard “it’s a so and so” so it’s okay. Nah it’s not.

I love nice things but I’m also not beholden to the names on the products.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the resale value, reliability of these two cars? It can look sleek as hell but if it's costing you $ to fix and keeps messing up its just a liability.
Well The Genesis has the same 5yr/60,000 mi basic, 10 yr/100,000 mi powertrain warranty as the Hyundai lines so if you buy new/CPO the warranty would have you covered. This is the first gen where Genesis is branching off but the last 2 gens of Hyundai vehicles have been extremely reliable and affordable to own. So the g80, gv80 would likely be similar.

the projected residual value of the 2020 g80 after 3 years (12k miles per) is only projected to be 53% so doesn’t really lease well.

the rx 350 is a Toyota Motor Corp product, so although every car model is different.. Toyota/Lexus has a good history of reliability. It also was rated best resell value (2017) in the luxury mid size segment so I’m pretty sure the current model still holds value well

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Well The Genesis has the same 5yr/60,000 mi basic, 10 yr/100,000 mi powertrain warranty as the Hyundai lines so if you buy new/CPO the warranty would have you covered. This is the first gen where Genesis is branching off but the last 2 gens of Hyundai vehicles have been extremely reliable and affordable to own. So the g80, gv80 would likely be similar.

the projected residual value of the 2020 g80 after 3 years (12k miles per) is only projected to be 53% so doesn’t really lease well.

the rx 350 is a Toyota Motor Corp product, so although every car model is different.. Toyota/Lexus has a good history of reliability. It also was rated best resell value (2017) in the luxury mid size segment so I’m pretty sure the current model still holds value well
I'd wait a few gens before buying. I definitely don't want to spend $50k to be a guinea pig

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I think the stigma around Hyundai/Genesis will go away in the next few years

I’m sure in 1980 ppl were like .. ew.. you’re driving A Toyota-Lexus, that’s not real luxury like the European brands.. it’s a fukking Asian car.

same with:

nissan-Infiti
Honda-Acura

it’s funny how our minds associate quality with a name/branding instead of assessing the actual quality. I’m guilty of it too and wish it wasn’t that way.
I'm older and remember when Lexus came out, it was a hit off the bat. Same with Acura, but you have to remember that was the era when people wanted to be different, and it wasn't just about how much the car costs. Jetta, suzuki, Acura legend, Benz, audi, bmw, jeep Cherokee, volvo s70 all were the cars that were popular with dealers because of the looks, and fast engines. Now, people just want to look rich so they want the top 3 German brands or bentleys. Once fly people buy genesis things will change. In Korea its a top seller.

Genesis has made quality cars so far, but it's up to people to buy it for the quality it is and not just a name.like benz, audi, bmw. To me its about what the car can do, reliability, and how it drives, not just looks. The gv80 has so much tech for the price I would definitely get it. Plus it's different, I want something that makes me stand out without looking ridiculous in something too rich like a Bentley truck or the maybach SUV. That's why I like the Audi a8/s8, it can do so much but it's not begging for attention when you look at it. That car is the best sedan out, but I wouldn't buy it, just lease it, Audi isn't reliable.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Nah, I’d think he liked the car and bought it. Nothing more, nothing less. I had a coworker “flex” in a luxury vehicle carrying a designer purse then turn around and complain about not having enough money to get to work. :mjtf:

If this is what he can afford and he’s okay with it. Cool. Nothing wrong with staying in your lane.
:youngsabo: Stay humble brehette

:takedat:

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
The new RX is old as shyt. No apple car play and the interior is dated as fukk. You can say that about a lot of lexus interiors. Well built cars but look old as fukk and dated tech, just like Infiniti.

This is shameful for a 2020 luxury vehicle
2019-Lexus-RX-(4).jpg

Lexus-RX-350-parchment-nuluxe-gallery-overlay-1204x677-LEX-RXG-MY20-0031-01_M75.jpg

Genesis:
genesis-gv80--06-cockpit-shot--front-row--interior.jpg

genesis-gv80--05-front-row--interior.jpg
Everything on the Lex is contemporary. You just pick out the disk reader and dashboard clock to call it "dated". Also, it's a vehicle that actually exists at market, not a concept slated for next year.

On top of that, it won't do anything that the Lexus doesn't. The RX 350 is a 3.5 V6, the GV80 is a 2.5 V6 and the 3.5L is considered an "upgraded powertrain" when 3.5 V6's are already an industry standard, lmfao. You're talking nothing but aesthetic.
:camby:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. To me quality is better than a name. People get caught in the name and will disregard the quality because of the name. I’ve heard “it’s a so and so” so it’s okay. Nah it’s not.

I love nice things but I’m also not beholden to the names on the products.

Which is why I'd give this a long thought before looking at Lexus. Honda use to be just like this way back in the day.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Everything on the Lex is contemporary. You just pick out the disk reader and dashboard clock to call it "dated". Also, it's a vehicle that actually exists at market, not a concept slated for next year.

On top of that, it won't do anything that the Lexus doesn't. The RX 350 is a 3.5 V6, the GV80 is a 2.5 V6 and the 3.5L is considered an "upgraded powertrain" when 3.5 V6's are already an industry standard, lmfao. You're talking nothing but aesthetic.
:camby:
What? The Lexus is so old compared to the gv80 in texhnology

The gv80 has active noise canceling so you can't hear the road, and enjoy your music more. It has a lexicon audio system which is among the best in cars. It has a suspension that sees the road ahead and adjust accordingly. A GPS highway drive so when you are using the highway assist it already knows the speed limit, and adjust itself. Hyundai has the best safety assist in the business. It has an air cleaner so the car will always smell fresh from the outside environment. You can write anything you want into the u.i., no need for typing. Its more but the two don't even compare

And it's not a concept anymore, its being released in Korea first, like they always do

As far as powertrain, those you named are.coming plus a diesel with over 400 lbs of torque which makes sense since it's an suv, but Idk if that is coming to the states

One

Daps
What? The Lexus is so old compared to the gv80 in texhnology

The gv80 has active noise canceling so you can't hear the road, and enjoy your music more. It has a lexicon audio system which is among the best in cars. It has a suspension that sees the road ahead and adjust accordingly. A GPS highway drive so when you are using the highway assist it already knows the speed limit, and adjust itself. Hyundai has the best safety assist in the business. It has an air cleaner so the car will always smell fresh from the outside environment. You can write anything you want into the u.i., no need for typing. Its more but the two don't even compare

And it's not a concept anymore, its being released in Korea first, like they always do

As far as powertrain, those you named are.coming plus a diesel with over 400 lbs of torque which makes sense since it's an suv, but Idk if that is coming to the states
:gucci:
Lexus has the same exact things and it's proven technology. Lexus implemented keep assist in 2016. Mark Levinson sound systems with 15 speaker 7.1 audio with Harman Clari-fi, LSS+A, Remote Touch Enform. You're just naming proprietary technology that exists in every vehicle in it's class, just obviously....by a different name.

I'm calling it a concept because Genesis is referring to it the same way on their own website.
Surely you're not telling me filters are justifying it being $6k-$16k more expensive than it's RX 350 comparison (Going of RX's 44k MSRP)?

If Lexus has the same reliability, performance and practicality for a lesser expense whereas the Porsche Caynenne Turbo, BMW X5, Audi SQ7, SQ8 have better performance for bigger expense. I'm really not seeing how the 50k-60k price on this (per car and driver) is getting justified?

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
:gucci:
Lexus has the same exact things and it's proven technology. Lexus implemented keep assist in 2016. Mark Levinson sound systems with 15 speaker 7.1 audio with Harman Clari-fi, LSS+A, Remote Touch Enform. You're just naming proprietary technology that exists in every vehicle in it's class, just obviously....by a different name.

I'm calling it a concept because Genesis is referring to it the same way on their own website.
Surely you're not telling me filters are justifying it being $6k-$16k more expensive than it's RX 350 comparison (Going of RX's 44k MSRP)?

If Lexus has the same reliability, performance and practicality for a lesser expense whereas the Porsche Caynenne Turbo, BMW X5, Audi SQ7, SQ8 have better performance for bigger expense. I'm really not seeing how the 50k-60k price on this (per car and driver) is getting justified?
My man, of course I know Lexus has safety assist, but it doesn't compare in quality to Hyundai,they are the best in the business, and some stuff comes standard not optional. As far as the filter it's not so simple as "an air filter", it connects with when you are in certain areas. For example when you are going through a tunnel,.the car knows because of GPS, so it closes the windows automatically then recirculates the clean air from the air filter.

As far as sound system, again.lexicon is among the best. Lexicon is the upper end of the Harman Kardan for cars, iirc. The writing system is much easier to use then the remote in Lexus because you can just write what you want while doing something else. Audi has it too, but you have to pay to have it,.comes standard in the gv80.

The whole point of the genesis brand is for people who want the best, but want reliability, a cheaper price then the other brands, and unique styling.

Genesis as a brand is the shyt! Their g70 is one.of the best for sporty driving. The g80 is a balance between sedan, and sports,.while the g90is up there with the s class for a much cheaper price, and being unique because most people don't drive g90's

I like genesis because it gives me the late 80's, and early 90's, vibe when cars were changing from American brands like cadillac being the shyt for money makers to foreign cars taking over. Because crack, and coke was the business for the streets, more young people started buying cars, so they would buy foreign to be different, and those cars had better technology then American cars. If you look at the movie "paid in full", they had the foreign cars,.and.jeeps, driving through the street with everybody outside, that shyt was real. I used to just watch in awe, and wanted to be like them when I got older, thats why I know so much about cars!

The memories:blessed:

One

Daps
My man, of course I know Lexus has safety assist, but it doesn't compare in quality to Hyundai,they are the best in the business, and some stuff comes standard not optional. As far as the filter it's not so simple as "an air filter", it connects with when you are in certain areas. For example when you are going through a tunnel,.the car knows because of GPS, so it closes the windows automatically then recirculates the clean air from the air filter.

As far as sound system, again.lexicon is among the best. Lexicon is the upper end of the Harman Kardan for cars, iirc. The writing system is much easier to use then the remote in Lexus because you can just write what you want while doing something else. Audi has it too, but you have to pay to have it,.comes standard in the gv80.

The whole point of the genesis brand is for people who want the best, but want reliability, a cheaper price then the other brands, and unique styling.

Genesis as a brand is the shyt! Their g70 is one.of the best for sporty driving. The g80 is a balance between sedan, and sports,.while the g90is up there with the s class for a much cheaper price, and being unique because most people don't drive g90's

I like genesis because it gives me the late 80's, and early 90's, vibe when cars were changing from American brands like cadillac being the shyt for money makers to foreign cars taking over. Because crack, and coke was the business for the streets, more young people started buying cars, so they would buy foreign to be different, and those cars had better technology then American cars. If you look at the movie "paid in full", they had the foreign cars,.and.jeeps, driving through the street with everybody outside, that shyt was real. I used to just watch in awe, and wanted to be like them when I got older, thats why I know so much about cars!

The memories:blessed:
Exactly nothing justifies the price. There are no innovations on this vehicle. Cars already have buttons to recirculate "cleaner air."(For cleaner air, set car vents to 'recirculate,' study says)

You keep talking about a stereo when "upper end" stereos again...are standard among all luxury SUV's. What report gives Genesis better sound ratings than other vehicles? Kindly point me to it. Also point me to the S-Class that it's competing with, that was just a hype job unless you're mentioning the 450. S-Class has way too many trims firstly and secondly the G90 was only really only worth rating with the 5.0 Trims. Their 3.3's were doing 365 HP in 2019, then the acceleration between the 5.0 V8 and 3.3 V6 reported as virtually the same.

Anybody in the market for an SUV buying for safety ratings would likely just buy one of the more affordable SUV's that made the list in 2019.(These are the 20 safest SUVs for 2019)

I'd love to know where you read a spec sheet detailing standard features on the GV80 exists. Or even an official release from Genesis that discusses this vehicle at all, don't get me wrong I think it's a nice vehicle and Asian Car Companies are more practical for the consumer but the esteem being created here is just not actual.

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Alright man, I'm high, don't feel like arguing. You do you, ima do my thing. Just trying to put you on to the new shyt

I know all of this because I saw the release last week. It was streaming on Asian petrolehead's channel on youtube.

Go to his channel,.and you will see everything for yourself. Peace!

If you want to learn.about sound decibals,.you need to watch reviews like Alex on auto on youtube. Plus, certain car reviews show sound levels, the internet got everything. Savagegees shows car audio sound quality, but also just by knowing the brand itself. I been into this so long, I forget where I see the studies, but you can find which systems give proper flat sounds or tuned for certain things like bass.

I need to know shyt like that because I need proper sound deadening to hear hifi audio while puffing in the ride. ANC in the gv80 is supposed to banging, I gotta hear that shyt.

Last edited: