THE LANGUAGE OF GOD (Good Lecture)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Bible says that Moses would be "like a God" to Pharaoh

Exodus 2:11-15

When Ra traveled in his sun-boat, he was accompanied by various other deities including Sia (perception) and Hu (command), as well as Heka (magic power). Sometimes, members of the Ennead helped him on his journey, including Set, who overcame the serpent Apophis, and Mehen, who defended against the monsters of the underworld. When Ra was in the underworld, he would visit all of his various forms.[18]

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like Moses is a stumbling block for you. :jbhmm:

Or the laughing pad from where your interest in Egypt first originated :manny:

interestingly enough I’ve come to realize Islam is also a religion seemingly obsessed with Moses. And tried to recreate him in Muhammad the recreate story of founding a new “promised” going forward for the further,

But you choose to look into the past BEFORE Judaism to make sense

Maybe Moses is the missing link between the 2 major religions…. who deny Jesus :banderas:

But seriously Moses being “like a God” (you always come back to this) is easily explained without going deep into Egyptian mythology/religion

I saw a good video on it by that guy who wrote the unseen realm.

I myself wouldnt try explaining it on this forum or this thread at least

But there’s another topic related I wanted to ask you and @Koichos about and that’s Jewish mysticism vs Christian Gnosticism

Because after all you seem interested in the idea of being like a “god”

:unimpressed:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like Moses is a stumbling block for you. :jbhmm:

Or the laughing pad from where your interest in Egypt first originated :manny:

interestingly enough I’ve come to realize Islam is also a religion seemingly obsessed with Moses. And tried to recreate him in Muhammad the recreate story of founding a new “promised” going forward for the further,

But you choose to look into the past BEFORE Judaism to make sense

Maybe Moses is the missing link between the 2 major religions…. who deny Jesus :banderas:

But seriously Moses being “like a God” (you always come back to this) is easily explained without going deep into Egyptian mythology/religion

I saw a good video on it by that guy who wrote the unseen realm.

I myself wouldnt try explaining it on this forum or this thread at least

But there’s another topic related I wanted to ask you and @Koichos about and that’s Jewish mysticism vs Christian Gnosticism

Because after all you seem interested in the idea of being like a “god”

:unimpressed:

depends on how you look at it

i dont look at it that way because the perspective of who is talking to who is not confusing to me. To Pharaoh and the congregation Aaron was a prophet OF Moses

islam has a whole fleshed out narrative to Moses that isnt found in the same detail in the bible

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
depends on how you look at it

i dont look at it that way because the perspective of who is talking to who is not confusing to me. To Pharaoh and the congregation Aaron was a prophet OF Moses

islam has a whole fleshed out narrative to Moses that isnt found in the same detail in the bible
And? as if we asked for more info Moses.

Do you need more info on Moses to believe in God? Maybe I’m on to something :jbhmm:

Ok, so if I produced a new narrative on Moses would you accept it?

Do you also read the Mormon bible and the JW translation for your own studies?

Where do you draw the line? And what standard do you apply to scriptures?

Muslims believe in the gospel of Barnabus and quote from it to back up their claims but don’t believe the gospels or
even respect Paul :gucci:

Hebrew Israelites love to reference the apocrypha for certain talking points

I’m not saying you shouldn’t search for knowledge in other books or religions but some people will believe anything that written and run with it :manny:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
And? as if we asked for more info Moses.

Do you need more info on Moses to believe in God? Maybe I’m on to something :jbhmm:

Ok, so if I produced a new narrative on Moses would you accept it?

Where do you draw the line? And what standard do you apply to scriptures?

Muslims believe in the gospel of Barnabus and quote from it to back up their claims but don’t believe the gospels or
even respect Paul :gucci:

Hebrew Israelites love to reference the apocrypha for certain talking points

I’m not saying you shouldn’t search for knowledge in other books or religions but some people will believe anything that written and run with it :manny:
who is we?

when you say "if I produced a new narrative on moses"

be my guest, i'll read it @Marks

Or do they say, “He1 has fabricated this ˹Quran˺!”? Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Produce ten fabricated sûrahs like it and seek help from whoever you can—other than Allah—if what you say is true!”

and for the record I have read parts of the book of mormon. And the one I'm still confused about is their narrative about Laban (mormon version)
In Chapter 3, Lehi tells Nephi that he has had a prophetic dream in which the Lord commanded him to send his four sons back to Jerusalem to obtain a set of brass plates held by a man named Laban. The plates contain "the record of the Jews," which, Lehi believes, his descendants will need when they establish a new civilization in the land that they will inherit.[1] Laman and Lemuel complain about the difficulty of the task, but Nephi accepts the task and proclaims, "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."[2] In the end, all four brothers—Laman, Lemuel, Sam, and Nephi—go to Jerusalem.

When they reach their destination, they cast lots to determine who will approach Laban, and the lot falls to Laman. When Laman asks for the plates, Laban becomes angry, calls Laman a robber, and threatens to have him killed before Laman escapes and returns to his brothers.[3] At Nephi's suggestion, they go to their father's house and gather gold, silver, and other valuable items and offer them to Laban in exchange for the plates. Laban pretends to accept the offer, takes possession of the items, and then orders his servants to kill the brothers. They escape with their lives but do not obtain the plates.[4] At this point, Laman and Lemuel become angry with Nephi and Sam and began to beat them with a rod. An angel appears and tells the other brothers that God has chosen Nephi to rule over them and commands that they return immediately to Jerusalem, where the Lord will deliver Laban into their hands.[5]

In Chapter Four, Nephi goes alone to Laban's house. On his way, he sees Laban himself drunk with wine and lying in the street. He draws Laban's sword and admires its workmanship. And then he is "constrained by the spirit" that he should kill Laban and take the plates. He says in his heart "Never at any time have I shed the blood of a man. And I shrunk and would that I might not slay him. But the spirit is insistent, saying, "it is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief."[6] Nephi decapitates Laban with his own sword and then dresses in the slain man's clothing. Speaking in Laban's voice, he orders a servant named Zoram to retrieve the plates. When Zoram recognizes Nephi as an imposter, Nephi compels him to swear obedience and offers to spare his life if he (Zoram) agrees to join the Lehite party in the wilderness.[7]

giphy.gif

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who is we?

when you say "if I produced a new narrative on moses"

be my guest, i'll read it @Marks

and for the record I have read parts of the book of mormon. And the one I'm still confused about is their narrative about Laban (mormon version)

giphy.gif

“Or do they say, “He1 has fabricated this ˹Quran˺!”? Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Produce ten fabricated sûrahs like it and seek help from whoever you can—other than Allah—if what you say is true!”

^I know you’re too smart to actually believe this breh :umad:

Just the fact that a “religious scripture” that’s the word of God takes time out to defend himself and its legitimacy speaks for itself :youngsabo:

Scholars and historians know the Quran is mostly a copy and paste from other regions texts and religious ideas circulating during the time and most the info on Muhammad is likely just made up stories/myths or legends passed down 100+ years after his death based on the historical facts

When Islam finally became a distinct religion and needed a solid foundation and origin story they back projected and erased the true history and created a standard Islamic narrative version

And I could say we truly know even LESS about ancient Egyptian religion life and culture

So you have your work cut out for you unfortunately. But I think you enjoy exploring the “unknown”

Like I said, why wouldn’t you seek to better understand the original instead of preferring the “corrupted” version?

Because the newer remix version is simply “newer” and fits your current time, needs and pov more?

God is immutable

Mormons founder was also a racist among other things. So I doubt he was inspired by God (buy maybe this isn’t a red flag for you :unimpressed:). You have no standards of where you choose to get your info or do you draw the line somewhere ?

Would you consider a revelation from an evil spirit? :demonic:

If I wrote a book, you would read it? :leon:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
If I wrote a book, you would read it? :leon:
you implied you could, so produce a chapter of the bible or a surah :umad:

John 21:16-18

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

The Gospel According to Luke 21:8-9,25-27,33-36​

English Ελληνικά Print
jclifegv.jpg

The Lord said, "Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he!' and, 'The time is at hand!' Do not go after them. And when you hear of wars and tumults, do not be terrified; for this must first take place, but the end will not be at once. And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth distress of nations in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. But take heed to yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a snare; for it will come upon all who dwell upon the face of the whole earth. But watch at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of man."

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you implied you could, so produce a chapter of the bible or a surah :umad:

John 21:16-18

You just gonna gloss over all my other points :youngsabo:

I’m just saying a book like the Quran defends itself by saying it has some miraculous content not found anywhere or unknown to the time but it gets proven as a copy paste or remix or older ideas and beliefs

To believe a random Arab people (Muhammad) -living in a region that was a hotbed of Many ancient religions/beliefs under the rule of multiple empires from all over the world with vast knowledge - was a blank slate in the middle of the desert with no interaction, influences or prior knowledge of this history/faiths and ideas of the time is just about as crazy as someone randomly getting a revelation from an “Angel” (with no eyewitness) which is the word of god verbatim containing what would become years later all the contents of the Quran. Both ideas depend on each other ironically.

I won’t insult your intelligence. You can have faith in whatever you want however.

But if you believe the Quran is reliable as literally “the word of God”, you probably have no reason NOT to believe anything I can come up with if I wrote a book on religion. Neither can be proven after all.

And who said God needs to inspire man to “write like Shakespeare” to legitimize a message?

Moses had a stutter:

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute?

^ what does this mean @Koichos

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Moses had a stutter:

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute?

Genesis 46:31-34

31 And Joseph said unto his brethren, and unto his father's house, I will go up, and shew Pharaoh, and say unto him, My brethren, and my father's house, which were in the land of Canaan, are come unto me;

32 And the men are shepherds, for their trade hath been to feed cattle; and they have brought their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have.

33 And it shall come to pass, when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation?

34 That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.

:umad:Jacob said he was a smooth man.

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel

Mοsheh Rabbenu spoke with a stammer. For that reason, Sh'mοt 7:1 reads:
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְְיָָ֙ אֶל־מֹשֶׁ֔ה רְאֵ֛ה נְתַתִּ֥יךָ אֱלֹהִ֖ים לְפַרְעֹ֑ה וְאַֽהֲרֹ֥ן אָחִ֖יךָ יִֽהְיֶ֥ה נְבִיאֶֽךָ׃
Adοnai said to Mοsheh: Look! I have appointed you an elοhim for Par'οh; your brother, Aharοn, will be your navi.

And Onḳ'lοs’s Targum (the official targum of the Tοrah) has for Sh'mοt 7:1
וַַאֲֲֲֲמַַר יְְיָָָָ לְְמֹֹשֶֶֶֶׁה חֲֲֲֲזִִי דְְּמַַנִִּיתָָָָך רָָָָב לְְפַַרעֹֹה וְְאַַהֲֲֲֲרֹֹן אֲֲֲֲחוּך יְְהֵֵי מְְתּוּרגְְּמָָָָנָָָָך׃
Adοnai said to Mοsheh: Look! I have appointed you a rav for Par'οh; your brother, Aharοn, will be your m'turg'man.

i. אֱֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים does not ONLY refer to 'the Creator', it can also mean a god or gods, powerful rulers, judges, etc.
In his Targum, Onḳ'lοs translates
אֱֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים using the Aramaic רָָָָב (one who has 'dominion' over another).
Rash"i explains נְְתַַתִִּיךָָ אֱֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים לְְפַַרְְעֹֹה 'I have made you an elοhim for Par'οh' as שׁוֹֹפֵֵט וְְרוֹֹדֶֶֶֶה 'a judge and a ruler'.

ii. נְְבִִיאֶֶֽךָָ is just the noun נָָָָבִִיא ('prophet') with the pronominal suffix ־ֶֶֶךָָ ('your') and means 'your prophet'.
In his Targum, Onḳ'lοs translates
נְְבִִיאֶֶֽךָָ using the Aramaic מְְתּוּרגְְּמָָָָנָָָָך (an 'interpreter'; a spokesman).
Rash"i, quoting Onḳ'lοs, explains יִִֽהְְיֶֶֶֶה נְְבִִיאֶֶֽךָָ 'he will be your prophet' as מְְתּוּרְְגְְּמָָָנָָָךְְ 'your interpreter/spokesman'.

The Hebrew word נָָָָבִִיא ('prophet') is related to the Biblical expression נִִיב שְְׂפָָָָתַַֽיִִם ('fruit of the lips'); a 'prophet' is thus a spokesman.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV

:mjlol:

no one except JW's think that that is a serious bible translation.

"The New World Translation was produced by the New World Bible Translation Committee, formed in 1947. This committee is said to have comprised unnamed members of multinational background.[37] The committee requested that the Watch Tower Society not publish the names of its members,[38][39] stating that they did not want to "advertise themselves but let all the glory go to the Author of the Scriptures, God. :duck: ,"[40] adding that the translation, "should direct the reader, not to the translators, but to the Bible’s Author, Jehovah God".[41] The publishers stated that "the particulars of [the New World Bible Translation Committee's members] university or other educational training are not the important thing" and that "the translation testifies to their qualification".[41]"

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@MMS :jbhmm:

If I can not troll for a moment. :hubie:

But a few years ago I saw a video on YouTube (can’t remember what it was called) but the guy (scientist) explained how the only way the Egyptians created the pyramids logically was some type of magnetic/levitating mechanism or process to move the stones

He explained it all pretty well and showed how it would work today and could work with larger (any weight) objects

Have you heard of this theory before? And do you think Egyptians made pyramids or some other beings. :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS